seventeen.

HUNTRESS.
017. | ❛ i need more of those moments.

"I suppose this feels like a day at the beach for you?" Crystal shivered as her and Snart huddled next to each other, wrapping themselves around their knees.

"If I had to pick a way to die, freezing wouldn't be the worst. What's it like? Dying? I imagine you've got a unique perspective."

"You know, it's funny. I mean, you'd expect it to be terrifying, just panic and fear. Dying changes everything. There is the emotional fall out, sure. But there's also the practical stuff. Who's going to do your job? Who is going to take care of your family? The only good thing for you is you don't have to worry about it. People you never know will be living in your house, working your job. The world just keeps on going. Without you."

"What'd you feel?"

"I guess helpless. I wanted it to be over. I was screaming for help yet no one could hear me. I was brought back by magic, the blood of a hybrid. Surprisingly, I didn't turn into one of them, although it won't be the worst thing. But when I was in that darkness, all I could feel was loneliness. At least I'm not dying alone this time." Crystal leaned her head in Leonard's shoulder.

"Closest I ever came to dying was, uh... the day I met Mick."

"Why does that not surprise me?"

"It wasn't like that. It was my first day in juvie. I was 14, and the smallest kid in there by far. Some of the older kids wanted to make sure I knew it. So they jumped me. I fought back, but one of them had a shiv and I figured that was it until Mick stepped in. And they didn't mess with me after that. He's been standing up for me ever since."

"Let's just hope he's standing up for Rip and Jax now."

"Who else is gonna take on those pirates?"
______________________

"Can't you do some magic to heat the room?" Leonard wrapped his coat around Crystal who was affected more by the cold than Leonard.

"Contrary to beliefs, I don't have a spell to heat things up. I'm from New York yet I've been accustomed to the heat of New Orleans."

"Nothing quite like dying to make you think about all the mistakes, all the wrong choices."

"Is this Leonard Snart coming to God in his final moments?" Crystal shivered leaning on Leonard who was shivering like she was.

"Hardly," She leaned closer to him, gaining some warmth,"Just wishing I could take a few things back. I should've left Mick in future Star City."

"Why didn't you?"

"Without me to keep him in check, Mick can be a scary guy."

"Agreed. Hate to break it to you, but even if we make it out of here alive, you're still gonna have a problem on your hands. And I've seen enough to know that Mick's in a dark place. He's not coming back." Crystal linked her arms with Leonard's as he placed his another arm around her, pulling her closer to him. Leonard couldn't explain it but even though it was freezing, he felt a warmth in his heart.

_______________________

"I love that feeling. You know, the one you get when you take a deep breath and suddenly everything feels like it's going to be okay. When you're hopeless as can be, and life is going nowhere, there's those moments we have every now and then where we just stop, and we get this feeling, that can't be described, but you just feel like everything really is going to be okay. Like the world stopped spinning for a second, and everything was clear. I need more of those moments." Crystal clung to Leonard's arm as the room got the coldest it could be.

"I could agree with you on that," Leonard looked down at her, not noticing how close they were.

Crystal looked into his blue eyes, as she couldn't feel the cold anymore. Leonard was leaning closer towards her and it the slight moment they could both see the huff of air pouring out from their breaths. When neither could resist anymore is when their lips touched. Their lips were a ablaze while bodies were still suffering for the freezing temperature. It wasn't a rushed kiss leaving the other wanting for more but a delicate one, that demonstrated who they were on the inside.

Crystal places her forehead against Leonard's and smiled at him which he seemed to return.

"How's that for a moment?" Leonard asked

"Perfect."

Leonard and Crystal felt the doors open and the room to warm up. Immediately, they helped each other up as they exited the room. They went to find Kendra and Ray as they walked in it seemed as if they were sharing the same moment they were a second ago.

"You kids need a moment?" Leonard leaned against the wall, smirking.

"You okay?" Sara asked.

"Mr. Palmer nearly died."

"Welcome to the club. Gideon, what's happening on the Acheron?" He asked Gideon

"Funny you should ask. I just received a message from Mr. Rory. It seems he escaped capture and is now returning to the Waverider."

"Told you. Those pirates picked the wrong guy to mess with." Leonard said to Crystal, as they headed out to the hallway. He walked side by side with Crystal who was trying hard to force down her blush and smile.

"Since when does Rory even know how to fly the jump ship?" Raymond asked as he fixed his suit.

"How did he even find us?"

"Actually, I did the flying. He received quite a beating at the hands of the pirates. That's him now."

The doors opened as the five of them stood, seeing if it was really Mick.

"You okay, Mick?" Leonard asked seeing the bruises on his face.

"Boys! Ship's all yours!" He yelled behind him as a couple of men with guns came aboard the ship.

"You son of a bitch." Ray cursed at him.

"What are you doing, Mick?"

"I'm getting us home. Are you in?"

Leonards gun electricity whines,"Yeah. Time to choose a side, I guess. Chosen." His blasted his gun at one of the men.

"Bastard!," Mick blasted his heat gun at them as they started to run.

Crystal attacked the men as they hurried towards her. Many of them was coming towards them, Crystal started chanting pushing them all back, knocking some of them unconscious. She hide behind a wall as they started shooting at her. Leonard was blasted by one of them as Crystal started to attack with her hand to hand combat, knocking her opponents to the floor. As they started to decease, Crystal headed with the others to the engine room where Leonard was pointing his gun at Mick

"Waverider, this is Captain Hunter. We've regained control of the Acheron. What's your status?"

"What are you gonna do, Snart?" Mick asked him while Snart held a poker face.
_______________________

"Okay. I'll say it. Why don't we just drop him off back in 2016?" Ray asked as they all tried to find a solution.

"Because my sister lives in 2016. And your sister, and your wife." Directing it towards Sara and Stein

"So what exactly are we talking about here? Leaving Rory in the brig until we take down Savage?"

"No, no, no, no, the brig is unsuitable for long-term incarceration."

"Leaving him free run of the ship is not an option."

"I'll handle it."

"By handling it, you mean murder?" Stein asked him.

"I said I'll handle it."