six.

HUNTRESS.
006. | ❛ there is no such thing as fate.

In the eight grade, my English class had to read "Romeo and Juliet". Then for extra credit, Ms. Synder made us act out all the parts. Sal Scafarillo was Romeo and as fate would have it, I was Juliet. All the other girls were jealous, but I had a slightly different take. I told Ms. Synder Juliet was an idiot. For starters she falls for the one guy she knows she can't have, then she blames fate for her own bad decision. Ms. Synder explained to me that when fate comes into play, choice sometimes goes out the window. At the ripe old age of 13 I was very clear that love, like life, is about making choices, and fate has nothing to do with it. Everyone thinks it's so romantic. Romeo and Juliet, true love, how sad. If Juliet was stupid enough to fall for the enemy, drink the bottle of the poison and go to sleep in a mausoleum, she deserved whatever she got!

"Our cloaking shield and aft entrance have been significantly compromised, Captain." Gideon spoke as they were seated since they were time traveling.

"Yes, I can see that, Gideon. Station us in the temporal zone while I work on repairs." Rip said unbuckling himself from his seat and the others doing the same.

"Temporal zone?" Stein asked.

"Yeah, it's essentially a time limbo. We can hide out there for a bit. Another temporal jump would risk revealing our position." Rip said getting his tool to fix the ship

"A time limbo? Astonishing." Stein continued to speak

"Oh, there's something you people don't know about time travel? That's surprising, isn't it? Considering none of you have ever time traveled before. Bringing a family member from the past onto a timeship? Breaking out and carousing around the 1970s? We've barely begun, and already this is the worst, unmitigated disaster of my career. "Rip turns around and Kendra hits him straight in the jaw.

Mick laughs before turning to Carter,"I see why you got the hots for that one."

"My son is hurt because of you. Who attacked us?" Kendra said while grabbing the inside of Rip's shirt.

"Something of a long story."

"Better tell it fast, Rip, 'cause it doesn't look like the lady's in a patient mood." Leonard said standing out of his seat.

"Neither am I." Carter stepped forward.

"His name is Chronos. He works for the Council of Time Masters. My former employers." Kendra lets go of him and looking at him in a confused state.

"I thought you were a Time Master." Crystal spoke

"As I've expressed, time's not a linear thing. At some point I was, in fact, a Time Master."

Sara got closer to Rip punching in the face much like Kendra.

"Will you people please stop hitting me?"

"Start telling the truth!" Sara yelled at him.

"I relinquished my position as a Time Master when I commandeered the Waverider. Chronos was clearly sent to bring me in."

"You lied to us." Stein expressed in a hurt manner.

"Of course I lied to you. I needed your help... you all barely said yes as it was." Rip confessed.

"What right do you have to lie to us?" Crystal yelled at him getting closer to Rip, about to punch him but Leonard held her back.

"What about the legends part?" Jax asked

"Ooh, you lied about that too, didn't you?" Leonard read Rip's face, still holding Crystal's arm, fearing that she would actually hit him.