Lost It

Steven's Pov

"Steven...who do you love?...Me or ...Peridot?" She stares at me, her eyes filling up with pain. My heart sinks seeing Connie like this. I've never seen her so upset....

'I used to feel the same way about Connie but now...I-I think I'm starting to get feelings for...P-Peridot... but if I tell Connie she'll lose it and our friendship may become broken... But if I accept her feelings she'll get the wrong idea...' I then cease my thoughts and I gulp. 'I-I'll tell her, I have to but...I really don't want to hurt her feelings, and I really don't want to ruin our friendship...I'll have to be as gentle as I can with this...' I take a deep breath in.

"C-Connie.." I break the silence. "T-The truth is that I-I...I think I'm falling in love with-" Before I could finish my sentence I hear a big crash behind us. I turn around to spot Peridot faceplanted on the ground. 

"P-Peridot?!" I stutter out in confusion and run up to her. She quickly stands up and dusts herself off. "What are you doing here?!" I asked her .

 'Don't tell me she was listening?! ' I look at her suspiciously. "I-I I" She quickly gets flustered. "I-I I just was looking for a...a " She scans the area quickly.

 "A 'hot dog' stand!! Oh, what do you know there's one right there!" She forces out a smile and walks beside the stand. "Hold on! Why would you want a hot dog? You don't even get hungry." I started, she then ponders up another excuse. 

"U-Uh well! I wanted to see what it looked like! I-It looks very intriguing" She analyzes the stand. 'D-did she follows us?! I knew I shouldn't have just left her like that! Of course she was going to follow us, she's Peridot! ' I mentally facepalm. 

"PERIDOT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!? DIDNT HE TELL YOU TO STAY PUT?!!" Connie barked. "Connie don't yell-"DONT TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE HERE AND I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT!" Peridot yells back. 

" 'They're arguing again! I better stop this before this ends up just like hide and seek. Boy was I wrong about them being friends' I start to sweat.

 "PERIDOT I DONT GET WHY YOU EVEN CAME? DONT YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO DO." Connie crosses her arms. "Well, why can't I be here! You're here so, why can't I!" Peridot yells.

 I start to get angry," Guys! How about we just stop" I touch Connie's shoulder and she  shoves me hard. I then look at her in shock.

 "CONNIE WHAT IS UP WITH YOU!" I yell at her. 

"IM TIRED OF YOUR CRAP STEVEN AND PERIDOT!WHY DONT YOU JUST GO AWAY! NO ONE WANTS YOU HERE. YOU'LL NEVER FIT IN! YOU MINE AS WELL GO BACK INTO SPACE WHERE YOU BELONG" Connie yells harshly at her and she pulls her arm back like she's about to hit Peridot. 

Peridot shuts her eyes and quickly covers herself for protection. 

I quickly grab Connie's arm

"CONNIE! THATS ENOUGH! " I yell at her.

Peridot quickly scurries and hides behind me. "What has gotten into you I've never seen you like this before!!!ARE YOU THAT JELOUS?!" I yell at her. I take a look at her and her hair is in a mess. "Where's the Connie I used to know!? Where's the Connie who was FUN to be around? Where's the Connie who...who was my best friend?" I glare at her angrily. "I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE RIGHT NOW!!!" I shout at her. She stares at me speechlessly. "Don't you ever...yell at her again. I know you're jealous of her but you're going to far..Peridot has every right to be here and I want her to be here! Just how you wanted me to be here, I wanted her to be here too.Why don't you just go home and calm down ok? " I put my hand on her shoulder. She sighs and shrugs it off and walks off. I watch her walk off and I feel sadness takes over me.

'I never saw her like this before...I never knew Connie had such a jealous side. I can't believe her...' I sigh and turn towards Peridot.

 Her eyes look watery like she's about to cry. "Peridot... are you okay?"

(Sorry if Connie was too much of a drama queen haha . Hope you enjoyed , I love you guys just keep reading :) The chapter will be uploaded either Friday or Saturday . Alright have a good night (▰∀◕)ノ )