The Truth

(Sorry it the formatting looks a little weird I'm typing this from my iPad . I'll fix it later . Anyway on to the story)

Steven's Pov
Connie takes my hand and she leads me down an alley behind an hotdog stand not to far away from the roller coaster . 

'I wonder what's wrong with her, she looks a little upset about something . She was a little cold earlier towards Peridot...maybe she's going to tell me about it' 

 When we get to the alley, Connie lets go of my hand and faces me forward with her hands interlaced together. 

"Steven...Can we talk about...things ." She avoids my eye contact .  

"Things? What type of things." I ask her . 

She has a weird look in her eyes and then inhales deeply. " Ok I have one question that's been bugging me all night." She starts . 

"Yeah what is it Connie? You can ask me anything, that's what friends are for ." I scratch my head nervously and frown. 

'I hope I didn't do anything bad.'  I look her in the eyes waiting for her . 

"Ok what's really up with you and Peridot...." My face starts to heat up a little . 

"W-what do you mean?" My eyes start to look away on there own .

  "Steven your face is almost as red as your shirt ." Connie states  .  

I don't respond and I just look down embarrassedly . 

" C-Connie nothing's going on between me and Peridot... We are just...friends." My voice starts to trail off.

 "A-Anyway can we go back now .  I don't want to leave Peridot alone for too long she may wonder off." I start to walk and then Connie grabs my hand . 

"Hold on Mister! We are not done with this conversation yet! " Connie growls and I gulp . 

" So if there's nothing between you guys, how come every second of tonight you wanted to be with her. The whole time we were in the crowd during the grand opening of the ride you were so worried about her! " Connie crosses her arms .

 "I can't be worried about her, she's my friend " I get irritated  .

 "W-well... How come I always catch you looking at her! Huh? Also how come you guys always hold hands!  " She gets all up in my face. 

"Connie your not the eye police! Also we already went over this! What is the matter?" I glare at her . 

'Why does she even care about this, it's none of her business ' I raise an eyebrow at her .

" Steven! Just admit it you like her! I mean I can tell , THE WHOLE WORLD CAN TELL. With all your tickle attacks , hold hands , blushing , and-and how close you guys are . " Connie stammers  .

"W-wait you were watching us?!" My eyes widen . 

 'S-she was watching me and Peridot...but why .' 

I give her a confused and crept out look . 

Connie starts to get flustered . "W-well of course I was! I was here the whole time. A-and I...I don't get what she has that I don't.." Connie lets out a sad sigh.

 "Connie everyone is different and-"

 "Steven I don't mean it like that... I mean ever since she came here you've guys look so close and it seems like she's stealing you away from me." A look of sadness then jealousy grows on her . 

" Connie that's ridiculous!" I disagree . 

"It's not ridiculous and you know what , I don't get what you see in her! She's nothing but a lost thing that came for somewhere in space!" She bursts out . 

"Connie, I can't believe you would say that!" I gasp and start to feel upset and disappointed. 

"Steven c'mon she's nothing but a lost alien! Heck I don't even know what that thing is!" Connie goes on .

"Connie, STOP!" I raised my voice to my dismay . 

' This is beginning to get really awful '

 "NO MATTER HOW HARD IM TRYING SHES ALWAYS THERE! EVERYTHING WAS SO MUCH BETTER BEFORE SHE CAME! I WISH SHE'll JUST-"

" CONNIE STOP!" I yell at her . 

" How can you say such horrible things about her! I THOUGHT YOU GUYS WERE FRIENDS!" I yell at her . 

"WHY ARE YOU SO OBLIVIOUS!!! STEVEN DONT YOU GET IT , WE WERE NEVER FRIENDS! AND WE WILL NEVER BE! WE LIED TO YOU..." My eyes widen and I take a step back.

 I just stare at her in shock , speechless . 

Her eyes bubble up in tears and she drops down to her knees . 

"The reason why we were yelling that day was because...I was jealous of her. We lied and pretended to be friends just to make you happy. But deep inside we still really hated each other ... I was jealous of her getting all of your attention. Ever since we first met I've been in love with you... And I'm not willing to let anyone get in the way..." Connie confesses .

 I just stare in shock. 'Connie...was in love with me.' I stare at her in shock .

 " C-Connie I-" 

"Steven...who do you love?... Me or...Peridot." She stares at me hopelessly .

(sorry again about the format . Anyway I left you guys with a cliff hanger , next chapter comes out Monday . Who does Steven love??? OuO FIND OUT NEXT)