How does it work?

Steven's Pov:

.

.

.

I play my ukulele peacefully in the grass under the Sun .

'Today's such a nice day ' I sigh and enjoy the view of beach city and the ocean . 

' I wonder when the gems will be back' I look out at the sea .

 'I hope they get back soon' I continue to play my ukulele and hum to the tune of the song I created for the gems when I was little .

 ' How could Peridot be in the house on a day like this. I mean she's a part of the crystal gems now , she could at least hangout with me .' My head starts wondering 

' Just a few months ago , we were chasing her around  . I can't believe she's apart of the crystal gems now .' I smile to myself just thinking about how far she's come . 

I start to hear the barn doors creak open and I turned around and spotted Peridot . 

' Speaking of Peridot ha here she is!' I smile instantly ,"Hey Peridot!" I call out to her she turns her head quickly away . 

' Aww she's being shy! ' 

She then responds . "Uh...h-hi" She responds nervously . 

"Come sit beside me!" I pat the spot next me and flash her a welcoming smile . 

She nods shyly and comes and sits near me . 

' So she finally decided to come out here!? I wonder why though , did I disturb her' I decide to ask her .

 "So what brings you out here? Came to finally enjoy this amazing day?" I tilt my head in curiosity . 

"Uh n-no... I-ermm...was just going to check on the drill!" She raises the tone of her voice and turns away .

 'Wow she must be really worried about getting that drill finished in time huh?' I think to myself .

 "Oh well don't worry about it , Im sure the gems will want to get started on it when they back . But in the meantime , you can sit here and relax with me" I smile at her and I start to play a tune on my ukulele . 

' I really hope Peridot learns how to relax and unloosen a bit more .' I spot her staring at the ukulele . "...So this "music" machine gadget . Whats it called again?" She squints her eyes  . 

" Oh this is my ukulele!" I hold it up and start playing another song. 

"...So is there some sort of a...'trick' to it , like a pattern of certain frequencies you have to achieve to in order t-" "Want me to show you?" I hold out my hand to her and I smile insisting her to try something new . 

Her face darkens a little and she takes my hand .