Eavesdropping

( Sorry for the wait my good people ಥ◡ಥ 

The next chapter is from where we left off on Steven's Pov so it's entirely your choice on whether you read this or not. But I'm not going to lie, you may get a little lost on how Peridot is feeling if you don't read this 

♡'・ᴗ・'♡  Enjoy  ♡'・ᴗ・'♡. )

Peridot's Pov

.

.

.

I watch as Steven and Connie walk off and I can't help but stomp my foot impatiently. 'And they are abandoning me again! What am I supposed to do' I groan and stand awkwardly on the boardwalk as I watch the humans who surrounded the area. 

I then glance again at them as they walk farther away. I get the temptation to follow them .' No, I refuse to care about whatever irrelevant conversation they are going to have .' I then cross my arms and shake off the thought entirely.

 But just as I thought I could control my thoughts Amethyst's voice pops up in my head. 

' Don't be too careless Peridot, Connie could be plotting to confess her feelings any moment now.' I flinch a little.

 'M-maybe I should follow them...w-who knows what she could be plotting.' I start to get anxious and next thing I know it I'm walking off.

 I quickly try to catch up to them quickly catch up with them from a far distance so they wouldn't notice me if they turned around. ' So if I stay at least 15 paces away and hide I should be able to listen to the conversation successfully .'  

I create my plan and I slowly follow them. I start to notice them walking into an alley behind a hotdog stand. ' Why do they need to go here to talk .' 

I then start to notice they stop walking and I quickly hide behind a large wooden crate. I start to feel my heart thumping fast  as I wait for them to start talking and I start to lean on the crate a little. 

"Steven...Can we talk about...things" Connie starts.

'What kind of things?' I narrowed my eyes.

 " Things? What type of things?" Steven says as if he heard my thought. There's a short moment of silence before Connie continues"Ok I have one question that's been bugging me all night." She starts. 'Obviously, it's about me ...' I roll my eyes.  

"Yeah what is it, Connie?  You can ask me anything, that's what friends are for." Steven responds back and for some reason, it makes me shudder.

"Ok, what's really up with you and Peridot...." Connie asked nervously. My face flushes up and I look down on the ground. My heart starts to thump fast as I flashback to when we were dancing. 'Not that again!' I try to shoo the thought away from out of my head.

I then lean in closer to the box to re-focus my attention on the conversation"W-what do you mean?" I hear him stutter.  "Steven your face is almost as red as your shirt," Connie responds.

 I chuckle quietly for a moment imagining how his face looks and then immediately shush myself. There's silence before he responds " C-Connie nothing's going on between me and Peridot... We are just...friends." My heart sinks in a little to his response. 

'Friends...' Sadness slowly starts to feel me up. 'Maybe he doesnt...feel the same way about me...' I wrap my arms around myself insecurely.

 I start to zone out a little and then I snap out of it. " So if there's nothing between you guy, how come ever second of tonight you wanted to be with her! The whole time we were in the crowd during the grand opening of the ride you were so worried about her! " Connie complains.