A Safe Feeling

Steven's Pov

.

.

.

.

After I climb up the ladder I grab the remote from the couch and shut off the T.V. 

'Well I hope she is at least not scared anymore. ' I sit down on the sofa . 

I then notice the donut bag and when I pick up the bag  I then notice there's still another donut in there .

 'Why didnt Peridot eat her donut? .' 

 After she finished climbing up the ladder I then spoke to her . "Hey Peridot , you forgot to eat your donut . Do you still want it ?" I wave the donut bag and she just stares at it .

 "Oh...that? I was planning on eating that later... " She told me . 

'Hmmm It doesnt seem like she wants it that much...Oh wait!' I mentally facepalm . 

'She doesnt know how to eat it that's probably why...' I look at the bag and then look back at her . 

'I guess I'll teach just have to teach her sometime tomorrow . ' I yawned .

 "Steven..." I heard her mumble . 

"Whats up ?" I ask . 

 " W-whats sleep? " She asked plainly  . 

"Well sleep is when you close your eyes and relax . It's sorta like giving yourself a time to restart for the day and it helps  feel more energized in the morning. Just left yourself drift off into a deep sleep." I stretch my arms out . 

"I know gems dont really need to sleep but the gems tried it once and they didnt seem to think it was that bad . Maybe you'll like it too once you try it"  I encourage her. 

' I sure wish we still had the pick up truck . It had the only mattress  that was here on it , I wouldn't walk to the beach house , it's such a long walk in the dark .I guess it shouldnt be so bad sleeping here at least for tonight .' 

 "So does the 'sleeping' require me to retreat into my gem? ." She went on .

 "No no no , It's simple let me show you." I pat the spot besides me and she relunctantly sits down .

"So you just find a comfortable way to rest your head like on the arm of the couch ." I lay my head on the arm of the couch to demonstrate .

 "Then all you have to do is just close your eyes and think about... something that made you really happy today..." I close my eyes and smile . 

' I guess what made me happy the most today is when I found out Connie and Peridot found a way to become friends... It's impressing to just think about how far Peridot's come... I remeber when I first met her , she was just trying to crush me ... and now she's ... she's making friends with the gems... she's getting comfortable with talking to people and...she's a real good friend ... a really amazing...cute...gem' I start to drift off . 

Peridot's Pov

"Steven...?" I poke him and then I realize he's fallen asleep 

I watch as Steven sleeps , he looks so...whats the word... I groan trying to think of a word to describe him and then I shrug .

 'Ugh I mines as well try to do this sleeping thing...I mean I have nothing else to do...' I sigh and lay my head on the other arm of the chair .

 'Now what!? Oh I forgot something...happy .' I search for something that seemed to have pleased me today . 

'I guess going out to the 'donut' store made me very happy because I got leave those clods to work and go with Steven . Nyeheh I guess when I told that joke Pearl I was pretty pleased to make Steven laugh...as much as I hate to admit it  I just really...enjoyed today all because of Steven... I mean he was so kind to me and...I just dont know...He's just really a nice...guy' 

I start to find myself drifting off to sleep thinking about Steven

Fifteen minutes later I wake up again much to my disappointment . 

I sigh and try to go to sleep but for some reason all I could think about was that ABSURD character from that foolish movie Steven and I watched .

I groan and I start to pull my hair in frustration . 'Why is such an idiotic thing on my mind right now! That horrid movie has got me brainwashed' I sit up in frustration .

 I then take at Steven and he's still fast asleep .

 ' It's so easy for him! I cant believe Im even scared of such a foolish... whatever it is!' I grunt and cross my arms . 

I then start to sigh and the loneliness settles in . 

I then stare at Steven and I get this werid urge to lean on him . 

I immediately dismiss the feeling as my cheeks start to flush . 

'Out of all of the most absurd things this has got to be the worst and I refuse to...' I shake my head but as it got later I just wanted to do it even more

. 'Maybe...maybe he wont notice...' I then start to slightly lean my head on him . 

I then am brought to this warm feeling ... a safe feeling .

 'I feel safe...' I start to slowly cloose my eyes and fall asleep.

( and that's the chapter , it's pretty long . I wonder what Steven's reaction would be?probably  pretty awkward when he wakes up . Anyway stay tune for next chapter . :)