New friends

Steven's Pov

.

.

.

We arrive at the big donut . I hold the door open for Peridot to walk in . 

I look around the store and there's only one customer inside

 ' Hmmm seems like a slow day' I watch the customer buy the donuts and walk out the store 

"Interesting..." I hear Peridot mumble as she inspects the place . "C'mon Peridot lets walk up to the counter . " I catch her attention and we both walk up to the counter first in line . 

Lars is behind the counter , listening to music with headphones bobbing his head up and down .

 "Hey Lars!" I try to call out his name but he didnt answer . "Lars!"  I call out his name a second time but he doesnt answer . 

 " Where's Sadie when you need her ." I groan . 

" What's a 'Sadie'? " Peridot asked me .

 "Oh Sadie's a-" Before I could finish Sadie comes out of the back door . 

"Oh! Hey Steven ." She greets me , not seeming to notice that Peridot is next me . 

"Sorry about that I had to take care of some business ." She glares at Lars irritable and elbows him hard . 

"Ow! HEY! I was trying to listen to Dial Dimension's new album!" He takes off his head phones and snaps at Sadie .

 The two start bickering back and forth . I watch them bicker for a moment and then I turn to Peridot 

I turn to her and she's been staring at the donut's this whole time . 

"Hey did you pick out which one you want yet?" I ask her .

 "Hmmm the one with the colorful seeds on it looks intriguing . However the brown one also looks acceptable..." She examines the donuts .

 I let out a chuckle and turn back to Lars and Sadie who are still bickering . 

"Umm...guys are you done yet?" I give them a worried look . 

"Oh sorry Steven , Lars still doesnt know that he has A JOB HERE. " Lars rolls his eyes and Sadie gives him a shove . 

"Anyway what would you like?" She starts to notice Peridot "Who's this?".

 "Oh well her names Peridot and she's a new member of the crystal gems . Peridot this is Sadie." I introduce the two to eachother . 

"Hi Peridot it's nice to meet you ." Sadie smiles and holds her hand out for a hand shake . 

Peridot stares at her hand with a confused look . 

"Shake her hand." I whisper to Peridot . 

"Hello...Sadie" Peridot reluctantly shakes her hand .

 "LOOKS LIKE STEVEN'S GOT A NEW ALIEN GIRLFRIEND.WHERE'S THIS ONE FROM MARS?!." Lars teases

 . "She's not my girlfriend Lars!" I retort and  look away .Sadie shoves Lars again .

 "Just ignore him , anyway what would you guys like?" Sadie asked . 

"One chocolate and Peridot which one do you want?" I ask her . 

She pauses to look at the donuts one last time"I would also like a chocolate one." Peridot decides .

 Sadie writes down our orders . " Ok two chocolate donuts , anything else?" She asked . 

" No thank you ." I shake my head .

 Sadie places two chocolate donuts in the bag . "Here you go , that'll $2.50" I take the bag of donuts and I hand her the money .

 "C'mon we'll eat these when we get to the barn." We walk out of the store . 

 "So Steven... I heard the 'Lars' say 'girlfriend' . What is 'girlfriend' " Peridot asked carelessly .

 "Oh well i-Its..." I start to blush .

 ' How to I explain this to her?' I think for a moment .

 "Well you see Peridot, when two people are in love and-" 

"Hey Steven!" I turn around and I see Connie runing towards me . 

"Connie!!!" I smile and she gives me a big hug . 

 "What brings you here?!" I aske her .

 "Oh nothing much , I just had some freetime and my parents say I can come and hangout ." She says excitedly . 

"Yay We can play hide n seek around the barn!" I cheer in excitement .