A boring old day at the barn

Peridots Pov

.

.

It's a luminous day at the barn .

 The crystal clod- I mean gems have headed out to check on the ''Malachite'' , whatever that is .

 I sigh and stare at the ceiling , slouching on the sofa . I whine and then shift positions for the fifth time 

 "Ugh why is it so hard to get comfortable on this stupid earth sofa seat!"

 I exhale and stare at the vision cube known as "T.V." which is currently set to 'off' .

 I start to close my eyes slowly until I start to hear faint noises coming from outside the barn . 

" What on Earth is that ?!" I growled and stuffed my face into the seat cushions . 

I then slowly got up and walked then I climbed down the ladder . 

I walked closer towards the barn doors . 

I stood behind the doors and listened . 

 I made it out to be the sound of that weird gadget that Steven used when we were  'singing' 

 I start to recall the event , and I start to feel a warm tingling feeling in my stomach and a weird feeling in my chest . 

' Why do I feel so off...' I try to comprehend the feeling once more . 

' Meh , probably the weather...' I shake off the feeling  and I slowly push open one of the barn doors

 . I notice that my arms are a little wobbly . 'Pull yourself together...' I tell myself .

 I spot Steven sitting in the grass playing the weird gadget . I stare at him for a moment .

'He looks so...peaceful , and calm...' My stomach warms up again .  

Steven turns around and our eyes meet and I feel a little panic and I turn my head quickly  . 

Hey Peridot!" Steven instantly smiles and waves at me .

 "Uh..h-hi" My words come out nervously for some reason , I notice the warm feeling even more now .  "Come sit beside me!" Steven smiles sweetly and pats the spot next him . 

My cheeks feel a little warm and I nod shyly .