For Steven

Steven's Pov

.

.

.

.

I sigh and sit outside the barn door . 'I...I dont get it , ever since I introduced the two I sense something off between them , it's like instantly didnt like eachother .'

 I exhale in the cool night air , and then continued to think

 . 'Maybe they just need more time? nah giving them time to become friends alone was a problem...Why do they hate eachother so much ,I mean I cant believe Connie could argue with anyone and I...I cant be mad at Peridot , she still has a lot to learn . The real question is why were they arguing...'

 I put my hand on my chin . 

"Sup Steven?" I hear a voice from behind me and I turn to see Garnet .

 "Hey Garnet , nothing much " I smile weakly . 

"Steven , if theres anything wrong you can tell me." She sits beside me .

 'I mine as well tell Garnet about it...' .  I hesistate a little  "Well...I really want Connie and Peridot to become friends , but ever since they met , they seemed to not like eachother ... I dont get it . " I stare out at the sky . 

"Well Steven , you can't force two people to like eachother , it has to come naturally . " Garnet looks down at me .

 "That's true... but I wonder why they dont like each other." I pull pieces of grass out of the ground . 

Garnet shrugs and then stares up at the sky . "Just let them sort it out , maybe they'll find away." Garnet stares out at the moon . 

I sigh "Maybe..." I mumble . ' I hope...'

.

.

.

.

Peridot's Pov 

 I stand there looking at the ground frowning .

 The look on Steven's face made guilt within me wash over me . 

Connie sighs and facepalms "What have I done...Ive become a jealous mess!" She wailed. 

"What have you done? It's both of our doing " I tried to take some responsibility for this . 

There was a awkward pause before Connie decides to speak . 

"Peridot... Im sorry for being a awful person... I was jealous of you...and I sorta let that jealousy get out of control ." I narrow my eyes at her and then sigh . 

'I guess I was jealous too...' I look away. "Im sorry also..." I admit .

 "Can we just put all differences aside and be friends ... For Steven's sake." Connie smiles slighty and puts her hand out . 

I stare at her hand for a moment and then I shake it . "Agreed..." 

' I dont know whether to trust her or not , but I will do this... for Steven...'