Get to work

There were two things Kira Yukimura learned in her years of working at her business firm; lie and have more confidence than everyone else in the room. Kira was the best Managing Director her firm had in a while. She loved all her bosses except Scott McCall. For some reason he just got under her skin and they never got along. She hated that he was such a player and hit on anything with a pulse and most of the time she was on the receiving end of his terrible cat calls. She wouldn't mind but since she had to deal with him every day it sucked. The only light at the end of the tunnel was that Kira's best friend and roommate, Mason, worked with her. Mason was a little younger than Kira but he always seemed wiser when it came to real world things.

Kira walked to her desk and when she got there she saw Mason waiting for her "Hey Mase."

"Don't hey Mase me. Where did you sleep last night?" Mason folded his arms

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't try to play innocent because when you lie your voice gets higher."

"It does not, does it? I thought I was good at lying."

Mason rolls his eyes "You are bad at lying to me but anyways back to the subject. Whose place did you sleep at last night? Was it Chris's perhaps?"

"Maybe but we didn't hook up. We just talked."

"Chris is hot and you didn't hook up. You are such a square."

Kira laughs "I need to do all this work so go."

Mason smiles "Heads up here comes your man Scott."

"Ugh not him."

"Good morning Mason. Good morning beautiful." Scott stops at Kira's head.

"Good morning Scott." Mason says

Kira sighs "Good morning. Why are you at my desk?"

"Is that anyway to speak to your favorite boss?"

Kira starts looking over the stack of papers on her desk "You are not my boss."

"I'm partners with your boss. Anyways let's not fight unless it's in the bedroom." Scott smiles sparking laughter from Mason

"Please tell me what you want quickly I have work to do."

"Look at the greatest employee already getting started on her work early. Boyd wants to know if you have yesterday's reports."

"Yeah I'll email them to him."

"Okay well I have to work now but stay gorgeous and I might take you out tonight." Scott walks to his office.

Mason laughs "Mm I see you."

Kira groans "No that man is so annoying, I just want to strangle him."

"He would probably let you." 

"Don't you have work to do?"

"Not yet, my boss isn't here right now."

"Well I have this huge stack of papers to do so..."

"No you are not off the hook for Chris yet."

"Relax Chris and I are just friends."

"And I stay the night at Corey's house because we are just friends."

"That's different I generally don't want to go there with Chris yet."

"Alright I don't know what team I am on yet so that's okay."

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't know if I am team Scott or team Chris. They are both hot but Chris is a nice square boy and Scott is a sexual man."

"Can we not talk about Scott?"

"I have decided I am team Scott because I am hoping he breaks whatever this sexually innocent act of yours is."

"Go do your work." Kira pushes Mason away.

Mason goes to his desk right across from Kira "Mmm that's all I needed it."

"Mason are you getting started on your work this early?" Erica, Mason's boss, asks.

"Yeah Kira has influenced me to be productive today."

"Good." Erica walks to her office.

"I love my boss. She is so chill."

"She is definitely the most chill of the bosses no wonder she hired you." Kira jokes.

"Shut up and do your work."

Kira gets a call on the office phone "Yes?"

"It's Scott,I need a copy of the email you just sent Boyd."

"Alright do you want the full case file or just the email?"

"I'm replacing Boyd for this case so I need the whole account."

"Okay. Whoa wait does that mean?"

"Yes we will be working together to pitch a business deal for Surfield Hotels."

"Great." Kira sighs.

"That's all."

Kira hangs up thephone "This is going to be a long two months."

A.N

New story yay! Tell me your thoughts