R-Race

DIANNE went to the discreet place where the race will be held. Sekreto iyon. So of course she went there all by herself. Wala siyang pinagsabihan niyon. It was her and only Laurence who knew about it. Not even, her cousins or West.

Good thing, maraming connection si Laurence. Plus, they both love racing. Naalala pa niya noon, ito ang nagturo sa kanya niyon matapos niya itong kulitin ng kulitin. At first, he didn't want to teach her. Ngunit nakumbinsi din niya ito kalaunan. And Laurence, by the way, is one heck of a racer.

Pagdating niya roon ay kita na niya ang dadausan ng race. The starting line was already there. The dusty area served as the racing field. It would be an off-road race which means no road circuits and they would have to endure the dusk and bumpy track.

Marami-rami din ang mga taong naroon. Some showed up with their shiny and expensive sports car. With different women clinging in both sides. Some showed up riding cool motorcycles. Kabilang siya roon. She arrived with her motorcycle. Itinatago niya iyong sa mga pinsan niya. Bago pa siya umuwi ng Pilipinas ay nabili na niya iyon. And she has secret places to hide her motor.

Nilapitan siya ng isang lalakeng may kahabaan ang buhok. Although, he looked a little creepy, he approached her with a smile.

"So, you are... Dianne Nicole Perez?"

"The one and only." She smiled. Tinanggap niya ang nakalahad nitong kamay.

"Albert Martinez."

"Oh." Nahiya siyang bigla. "Sorry about not showing up on you."

"No, I'm cool. Si Laurence na ang nagsabi sa akin kung bakit." Lumingon ito sa likod niya. "I hope you dont mind being the only girl in the race..."

Umiling siya. "Not at all." Sinulyapan niya ang mga makakalaban niya. "Plus, this is just for fun sports, right?"

"Right. But for some, tagisan ito ng pinakapogi at pinakacool. The winner gets to be more famous and have more women crawling. Plus, a build up in their image."

"I don't think I'll need any of that." Tumawa siya. "I don't really like the idea of women running after me."

Natawa din ito dahil sa sinabi niya. "Goodluck, then?"

"Will you be in the race too?"

"Nope. My girl wouldn't like it. I think I'll have a break."

Nag-ayos na siya nang magtawag ang organizer. The race will start in a few. She already had her motor checked. Sumakay siya roon. Kasabay naman ng paglapit ng dalawang lalakeng tingin niya ay kasali sa race na iyon.

They have built bodies. Mga mukhang Suki ng gym ang mga ito. And they're both wearing the same air of confidence. Especially on the way they smiled and looked at her.

"Hey, babe."

"Kasali ka daw sa race? Are you sure?"