Chapter 4: Zabuza Momochi Is My Buddy

Start from the beginning

  Kakashi brings his gloved hand up to his face. He grabs his headband, that usually covers his left eye, and pulls it up slowly. "Looks like I'm going to have to use this."

  "Kakashi of the sharingan, I presume. If it wouldn't be to much trouble could you hand over the old man?" Zabuza looks over his turned shoulder and looks and Kakashi then me. "If your sharingan is anything like h-" quickly I cut him off and throw a cards at him. He jumps up, avoiding the hit to his calves, and lands back down perfectly on the huge swords handle. He smirks.

  Naruto looks confused as does Sakura. Probably don't know what the sharingan is. Kakashi glances at us, "Manji formation now! Protect Mr. Tazuna." We go into form. I stay back not wanting to get too involved in the fight. "And stay out of the way of the fight. And now... Zabuza.."

  Naruto gasps and we all lean forward. Swiftly, he pulls up the headband revealing one scarlet eye. "Shall we?"

  It's a perfect sharingan, red as blood, with all three black tamoes connected to a black wheel. A scar running through the centre of his eye as well. How... How does he have a sharingan? It's an Uchiha kekkei -genkai, that only they posed...usually.

  "Ah, to face the legendary sharingan so early in this fight, is an honour." Naruto, clueless as ever, doesn't know what going on. "Everyone keeps saying, sharingan, sharingan! But what the heck is it?"

  Sasukes face goes dark, "Shinobi who have the sharingan eye, have mastered a form of genjutsu. It enables them to penetrate and see reality behind any illusion or spell. And to reflect the power of the magics they penetrate back on those who cast them. A sharingan eye is one of several types used. And there's more."

  Naruto pipes up, still confused, "Like what?"

  Zabuza turns around facing us, "Heh heh... Exactly. There is indeed more. Most formidable of all is the acuity which the sharingan can discern and then duplicate its opponents greatest skill."

  "When I was an assassin for Kirigakure, I possessed the usual bingo book- a kind of who's of our enemies, it had quite an extensive knowledge on you, Kakashi. Including a mention of your rather impressive record. The man who had copied over a thousand
Jutsu, Kakashi Hatake, the Copy Cat Ninja." Zabuza stares intently into the eyes of our silver haired jonin.

  "But he's... Kakashi sensei is just... He is only... Is he that amazing?" Sakura doesn't seem to believe that Kakashi is that skilled. While Naruto is practically kissing Kakashis ninja sandals. Ew.

Sasuke mutters under his breath, "But, does it mean.." He looks at Kakashi sceptically "The sharingan eye is supposed to be unique to only a small number of the uchiha clan... Could he be..?"

  Zabuza interrupts, crouching down, "Enough. As pleasant as this conversation has been, the time for talk is over. I'm on a very tight schedule to finish off the old man." Tazuna, who's been rather quiet, eyes widen and he takes a few steps back. "But... Kakashi, it looks like I'm going to have to kill you first along with the experiment."

  I tense up and my blood boils. I grit my teeth and was going to launch at the mist demon but a sharp pain in my left shoulder prevents me from moving. I groan and drop to my knees. Damn it. The mere thought of those days causes an affect on me. Clutching my aching shoulder, I look up to see that they're all looking at me with concern on their face, with the exception of Zabuza obviously. "..I'm... Fine...I think, I'll just sit this one out.." I manage to get out, my visible eye closed in pain. Kinda upset that I'm missing the chance to fight Zabuza.