Part Twenty Five: Sapphire

Start from the beginning

A ground attendant spoke as our flight was called, getting our attention.

"And I believe this is yours," Delilah started, handing me a plane ticket.

I reached for it, and smiled. Soon, the boys and I were saying our goodbyes to the two girls. Mine being with Michelle for the longest of time, and Luke with Delilah. I don't know what's happening between them but I'm pretty sure Delilah likes him.

"So," I started, after Michael let go of her hug. I smiled at her shyly, with my hand on my pocket.

She giggled. "Come here."

I laughed, hugging her tightly and burying my face on her hair. I'll miss her so much. I haven't been away from her for such a long time, aside from my trip to Brazil. And, sadly, I'll be leaving again that fast.

"I'll miss you," I muttered. I can feel my eyes starting to get teary.

"Hey," she pulled away, cupping my cheeks as she wipe a tear with her thumb. "Look who gets all too soft now, Mr. I'll be tough."

"Don't," I chuckled, reaching for her hands and twining it to mine. I can see how teary she is like me. "I'm the one to do that supposedly."

"The two of us, remember?" She smiled. "For each other. I love you."

"I love you, too," I smiled, kissing her knuckles.

And that's when I remembered.

I dropped her other hand as I pulled something out of my pocket. I've bought it when I went out the hotel when I was in Brazil. I felt the boys' - and Delilah's - gaze fell unto me as I knelt in front of her.

Her eyes widen as I revealed a ring, holding it with my bare fingers. It has two sapphire shaped hearts.

"Calum," she muttered.

"Sshh," I hushed her, smiling. Our flight was once again called. "I'm going to make this real quick. I know sapphire is your favourite and I remembered you when I saw this but that's not the point why I bought it."

I closed my eyes, finding the strength to say this. I'm sure of what I'm doing. And I'm sure of my love for her and the love that we share.

"I know we are yet young for it," I continued. "But I want you to promise me something."

She nodded for me to go on.

"Please promise me that you'll never ever look at anyone like how you look at me," I said. "Promise me that I'll always be the one you'll love over and over again. Promise me that when the right time comes, we'll get married and have a family cause I cannot imagine life without you. I love you so much, Michelle, and that's everything I'll do in return. Even more. Promise me you'll always wait for me."

She just looked at me, tears are starting to roll down her cheeks.

"Babe?" I asked, concerned. I hope this is not one of her panic attacks like she used to have since Mark died. But it definitely looks like one.

"Michelle?" Delilah came to her side, holding her by the arm. "Are you alright?"

She nodded, laughing, as I stood up.

"I'm just," she breathed out. "I'm just... wow! Okay, okay. I'm good. I'm good. Whoa!"

"You make me worried," I sighed, hugging her. "And for a second I thought you'd say no."

"I haven't even said yes," she pointed out.

"I," I said, confused. "Yeah. So?"

She smiled, nodding. "Yes, Calum. I promise. I love you more than you can imagine."

I grinned, wearing her the ring before I pulled her for another hug.

"Last call for fli---"

"Before Calum decides to stay," Michael started, as we pulled away. "We have to board that plane before we miss it!"

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: I feel like being extra cheesily corny today because I called in sick at work. So, yeah. I'll update again.

But, hey! The lads are heading to UK (in the story). Things are about to be shit.

Now, will Delilah ever tell Luke that she likes him? And how? Well, that's why this story was made! x