Part Nineteen: Have you ever heard of a power bank?

Michael's P.O V.

Okay, you got this, Mikey, I thought. You got this.

I let out a loud sigh before pushing the door open. The moment I stepped inside the house, I can hear the sound of the television. I closed the door behind, heading to the kitchen.

"Son!" She greeted, smiling widely at me. She was sat at the couch at the living area, watching some mum type film. You know, the usual movies every mums like.

"Hey, mum," I waved, passing the room as I dropped my bag at the foot of the stairs. Too lazy to take it upstairs; figured I could just take it there when I plan on going to my room. I headed to the kitchen and washed my hands before preparing myself a meal. Once I was done, I brought it with me to the living area, sitting beside her.

"Oh, kids these days," she shrugged. "They get into all sorts of activities and forget about academics."

"It's better than getting into drugs though," I said, taking a spoonful of Mac & cheese.

"That's right," she agreed, nodding. "It's not like these other activities. Sports. Music."

What is this? A sign? Should I not say it tonight or should I?

"Are good," she continued. "It is good but you kids should still prioritize your studies. That's why, you---"

I gulped, looking at her. Its like she knew I was gonna tell her something.

"---should finish yours," she said. "I'm counting on you, honey.

"Err," I started. "Yeah... yeah. You know, I'll make you proud, mum, of course."

"Good," she nodded, smiling. "How was school today?"

"It was okay," I shrugged. Not that I'm getting such high grades as she would want me to, but I'm not failing anyway. "I have something to tel you, mum."

Wait, what am I doing?

"What is it, honey?" She asked without paying me much attention as she continued to watch.

"Mhmm," I started.

Now would be the best time to have a mind blast and think of a diversion, Michael, I thought.

"The boys and I," I continued.

"Yeah?" She asked.

"Well, we're just," I stopped, cutting myself off. I sighed before continuing. "We're just a little devastated. Did you know Calum left today? Did I mentioned that? The football thing in Brazil?"

"Yes, that boy got a good future ahead of him," she nodded. "Football. Why didn't you joined the team like him?"

"Its not really my thing, mum," I simply said. "You know, I like..."

She didn't even bother to ask what I like. We ate in silence for a good couple of minutes.

"But he isn't going to finish school anytime soon, is he?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Not that I know of. If they make it to the finals, he'll be gone for quite a long time. He'll miss out a lot."

"That's what I'm talking about," she shook her head in disappointment. "You can play any sports or music for as long as you want, but it won't get you a proper job when you need one."

I guess there's no way I'm going to tell mum about it for the meantime.

"Yeah," I muttered. I stood up, and said; "I'll just do some school stuff and head to bed. Goodnight, mum!"

"Goodnight, sweetheart," she said.

I quickly washed the bowl and spoon that I used before collecting my bag and running upstairs to my room. I threw the bag at the corner and shut the door just as my phone started ringing.

I picked it up, not bothering to check who the caller was.

"Hello?" I lazily said, opening my closet to look for a pair of clothes of change into.

"Twin!" Michelle screamed over the phone, giggling.

I chuckled. "Hello to you, too. What's up?"

"I'm bored," she said. I can see how bored she is with the way she speaks. Something I'm used to. "Calum haven't messaged me yet. Do you think he's okay?"

"He's still on the plane, I think," I shrugged, pulling out a black nirvana tee.

"How old school is his plane that it doesn't even have a WiFi?" She whined.

"Maybe his phone died?" I said, sounding more like a question. I click on the loud speaker before setting it down on the table so I could get dressed.

"Haven't you ever heard of a power bank?" She asked sarcastically.

"Enlighten me," I laughed.

"Whatever," she said, annoyed. I can imagine her rolling her eyes on me. Again, something I'm used to. "How did it go anyway? Told Karen already?"

"Nope," I said, popping the P. "Looks like I'm gonna have to tell the old man first. She clearly doesn't approved of other activities."

"How'd you know that?" She asked.

"She said it," I pointed out. After I was dressed, I neatly folded the ones I took off. I could just put them in the laundry when I woke up tomorrow. I'm too lazy to go down.

"What's your plan?" She asked, as I climbed to bed. We already did our homework at Ashton's. That's like one of the rules whenever we have band practices. So we wouldn't left our school out.

Cause, you know, we do value school, as a matter of fact.

"Please don't tell me you'll ditch us," she continued.

"I don't know but I know I won't," I said confidently. I know what I want and that is to play music with these guys. "I still have three days to figure it out."

----------------------------------------------

A/N: This is just a random lame filler to make up for being gone and not updating for days. Just really busy plus my phone hates me so much that the system decided to stopped, that's why.

Anywhoopsie, I'm doing this update on the spot (on the phone) so I'll try to do the next part.