Part Eight: Behind you

A/N: I'm deciding the name as I write this so I'm gonna put unknown POV. I'm crazy. You're welcome!

Unknown's P.O.V.

I spotted the familiar tall figure a few feet in front of me.

I smiled, taking out my phone and typing furiously.

Me (7:58am): Behind you.

I looked up to find a little girl almost tripping as he stopped, taking out something out of his pocket.

And in a second, he turned around and spotted me.

"I've been calling you," he frowned, opening his arms wide open for me.

I shook my head, giggling, as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey," I said, pulling away. "Sorry, I woke up a little late."

"I've noticed," he said, smiling, as we continued walking. "You weren't even in the group chat."

I shrugged. "Like it matters. They left me out on the band practice."

"You know them," he chuckled. "And they are not used to having you around yet. You just got back!"

"Yeah, don't remind me why I had to leave when we were 12," I shook my head.

If I were given a chance to turn back time, I would have never left this place in the first place. But, the thing is, even if there's a time machine, where in the world would I find whoever that person is that invented it?

Its been a few years since I left Sydney. My parents are missionaries. Being that as their "job", whenever they have to be reassigned in a new place, I have to go with the flow and come with them. Its okay actually. I mean, its about God. They are being good Samaritans!

But, when you're older, you'll soon realized how different your life was from others.

When I was a little younger, ten years old to be exact, on our first mission out of Australia, I thought it was nothing but just a year long vacation. I had fun. I met new people. I get to help at church.

Not until after a year again when they said we're going on a mission again, and it'll be longer. I'm not really sure what that means but as time passed, I became aware of it.

I became homesick. And the feeling of us going on different places yearly makes me wish we could just stay in one place so I don't have to leave people I just met and became friends with behind.

It made me think of home. So, when I finally got the guts to convince my parents to let me back in Sydney, I did it. They let me and promised to work things out as a family even when they are away. I'm not sure how that would work but, being their daughter and loving the church, I would just go and say I'll be putting my faith into God.

You see, this guy, Luke, we're not in any relationship other than best friends. We knew each other way back when I was still here. We live a few blocks away from each other and we have the same friends. And, to be honest, he was the only one who kept in touch with me when I left home until I got back. He doesn't know it, I guess, but I look up to him as my best friend.

And sometimes, even more.

But I'm pretty sure I'm not his type. I'm just a weirdo with a church worker parents.

I mean, I bet if Michelle is not with Calum, I'm sure he would have dated her. And I bet even the other guys like her. I heard Michael's into her before. I really don't know Ashton, given that we've never met before until recently when I got back, but I'm sure he likes her. And I'm not saying anything against her. Same with Ashton, I just met her recently, and I couldn't blame if the guys like her. She's nice and everything. We actually hit it off immediately, realizing how we're the only girls in the group when we first met. And I love hanging out with her. I even almost told her what I really feel about Luke and she told me how she and Calum were just best friends too and ended up to where they are now, giving me that approving pat on the shoulder that she's rooting for me.

But, I don't know, part of me is jealous that she's been with them for so long. She knew Luke the way I do. Damn, she's been with him physically while I only talk to him online. Her contact name even goes with a heart sign.

But, maybe, her gesture was because she knew something. I mean, my contact on his phone is "Girlfriend" instead of my name. And sometimes, he gives me these feelings like he likes me back.

Pfft, what are you ranting about? I thought. What's important now is I'm back home. Luke or without Luke, I'm home.

We entered the room on time, with our teacher following behind us. Soon, our class started, followed by another, with the two of us sitting right next to each other on both classes.

"Delilah," Luke whispered into my ear as we walked into the cafeteria.

I hummed, focusing on where I was walking. The place is jam packed with students. I already spotted Michelle and Calum sitting next to each other a few tables away. Across them sat Michael with his back on me.

The closer we get, the more curious I get as I saw the table filled with different kind of foods - well, school foods.

"Happy birthday!" They all blurted out the moment we got to the table.

"Happy birthday, girlfriend!" Michelle stood up, hugging me.

"Really? A silent treatment?" I asked, chuckling as we pulled away.

"It doesn't look too obvious," Michael said, smiling at me. But the moment he and Luke locked eyes, his smiles dropped before he took out his phone and made himself busy with whatever he's doing.

"I'm hungry," Luke started, sitting next to Michelle, obviously avoiding Michael.

I sat beside Michael instead and we started eating and chatting away till the bell rung.

------------------------------------------

A/N: And Delilah it is! Lol I don't know, but thanks to @cthislom for suggesting it a few days back. This will be posted on Instagram and Wattpad, and I'm not sure if she/he got the same username but that one's on Wattpad.

Anywhoopsie. Please be reminded that Michelle is Calum's girlfriend. No need to hate on her if ever you're thinking to.

Oh, yeah, if you missed it out, Luke's girl is Delilah. He calls her his girl but they are not a thing. I'm not telling yet if he feels something for her. That would be obvious, right? But, hey, I'm writing this! And sometimes I can get very unpredictable!

Thank you for reading!

P.s, I need a Mikey's girl.