Part Twenty: Brazil

Calum's P.O.V.

"Uh," I said absentmindedly as I ran inside to the elevator after Mr. Fred handed me the card to the hotel room I'm assigned. Waving at him. I said; "yeah, I'll see you guys in a bit. I... emergency!"

"Hey!" A girl huffed, as I bumped into her.

"Watch where you're going, Hood," Pete, one of my teammates, called.

"Sorry," I simply said to the girl, as I walked passed her.

She rolled her eyes on me, obviously pissed. Her hair was black and so were her eyes.

And that's the last thing I caught as the elevator door closed.

"2... 3... 4..." I muttered, as I watched the number goes up. I leaned at the corner, carrying the two bags I brought with me; one on my back and the other was clutched on my left hand.

"...8!" I chirped as the door opened. I quickly got out of the elevator and ran into Rm812, swiping the card to unlock it.

The moment I got in, I threw my bags at the empty couch and took my phone out and the charger at the pocket of my backpack.

The flight was okay. It was long but it was okay. Well, it was really boring up there, to be honest. Plus, I forgot to charge my power bank before leaving. My phone was at 45% tops halfway thru the flight and was completely drained when we arrived here.

A total of 32 new messages and 16 missed calls registered as I opened the phone. 7 messages from my mum in which I quickly replied that I just got at the hotel and I am okay. Half of the remaining were from the boys and Delilah. While the rest was from Michelle.

Wifey (10:32am): Hi, baby boo! Figured you didn't realized your phone was almost in critical when you left. Lol! Guessing you'll be down any moment now. I miss you already. Message me when you get to wherever you're going! I love you! x

I smiled, reading the last message she sent.

I love how understanding she is, I thought.

I typed in furiously, rereading my message before sending it.

Me (12:06pm): And you were right! Hello, my princess! I miss you too. Can I call you? ;)

I didn't even bothered to wait for her response, instead I clicked on the call button next to her name.

It rung twice before it was picked up.

"Hello?" Her familiar voice filled my ear as if I was longing to hear it for so long. Well, a day and a couple of hours is long enough for me. Can't blame me, I'm in love.

"Hi," I giggled. "I love you."

"Way to call," she softly laughs before yawning. "I love you more."

"Did I bother you? Are you sleeping already? What time is it? I---"

I mumbled but she cut me off.

"Easy there, tiger," she giggled. "It isn't that late. I'm just finishing some school stuff. How was the flight?"

"Its okay, I guess," I shrugged, finally looking around the room for the first time. "The place is amazing. I got my own room. And we'll be having some crazy first day warmup later."

"Tiring," she said. "Well, you take care of yourself, Hood. I'm not there to watch over you."

"I will," I smiled. "Fritz. Future Mrs. Hood."

"Aright," she giggled. "Do your thing now. I'll talk to you later."

"Don't wait for me," I protested. "Go to bed after whatever you're doing. I'll just message you whenever I can."

"Okay," she agreed. "I love you, Calum!"

"And I love you the most, Michelle," I said, grinning. "Bye."

"Bye."

There was a pause for a couple of seconds until I chuckled.

"What?" She asked.

"You can hang up now," I said.

"I know you can, too," she snapped back, giggling.

"You seriously would wait till I hang up on you?"

"Yeah," she said slowly. "Got a problem with that?"

"Yeah, cause that is never going to happen, milady," I said. "I am never going to hang up on you."

"I miss your voice."

"I miss yours too. But I miss you the most."

"I think we should hang up now."

"Yeah, I think we should."

"Definitely."

"Together?"

"Together."

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Bye."

"Bye."

I pressed on end call, smiling. And, as if on cue, someone came knocking at the door.

I put the phone down and headed to open the door.

"Coach," I greeted. "What's up?"

"Calum," he smiled. "I would just like to check on you. Everything's okay? You good, boy?"

"Yeah, all set!" I said, nodding.

"Great," he said happily, patting me in the shoulder. He was just looking at me for a minute until his expression changed. More of a worried or concerned look; "is something bothering you? Can I come inside?"

I looked at him, confused. Till I realized it wasn't just him that had changed expression but me as well.

I nodded, opening the door widely for him to come in.

I closed the door behind, following him to the couch.

"What's wrong, Calum?" He asked again.

"I," I started, unsure of what to say. "I'm not so sure. I think I'm just tired."

"Well, you can just call it a day and rest. I'll excuse you later," he said.

"Thanks," I smiled.

"You know," he continued. "Take this day off. Go wherever you want or you can stay if you want. I think something's bothering you. You can rethink of things for awhile."

I just stared at him. Does he know I'm struggling? Does he know my football days are at risk and I might actually do no good at all now? Does he know?

He smiled, standing up and heading to the door.

"I'll leave you now," he said, waving at me as he opened the door. "Call me when you need anything."

"Uh, coach," I called. "Quick question."

"Try me," he simply said, smiling.

"Is it possible to get a ticket back home if ever we change our mind?" I asked. "I mean, you know, like we... can't..."

He laughed. "I know. I know."

"So..." I said, waiting for his answer.

"As a matter of fact, we've arranged flights for anyone who would back out. We've expected it already," he said. "So, any more question?"

"I think I'm good," I smiled.

He nodded at me before closing the door.

I think I know now what I really want. And, that is not to stay at the hotel and explore the place. Its Brazil, for fucksake! Its not everyday that you can go to such place!

------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the late update. But, if you haven't read what I posted on Instagram (or awhile ago here if you're reading from Instagram), I'll be a big fat ass spoiler and tell you that one character will be saying goodbye soon. But it'll be temporary. Not that he or she will be gone from the story. Just wait. I have plans! *imagine me laughing like a devil!*

Anywhoopsie, I'll try to update again.