Smile (SpainxReader)

You quietly walked into the meeting hall and silently sat down at your seat. Everyone else was loud and obnoxious: America and England were fighting in the corner while France laughed at them, making England even more furious; Romano and Italy were brawling about something unknown; Germany was trying to keep the two Italians in check; Canada sat with his bear friend and tried not to get trampled on by Russia. It was all chaos.

You sighed and gently  pulled out some business papers. You got to work on them, knowing that the meeting wouldn't start until a while.

As you were in the middle of reading one of your documents, a shadow fell over you. You gulped and froze, afraid it might be Russia or Germany. You didn't know what you had done wrong. Thoughts raced through your mind.

Suddenly, a friendly face appeared in front of yours. You blushed in surprise and your breath caught in your throat. It was just Spain.

"Hola chica!" Spain smiled at you. You kindly smiled back at him.

"Hi Spain," you murmured. Spain just kept smiling.

"Did you know that it takes less muscles to smile than to frown?" Spain asked. You slowly shook your head. "Well now you do!"

You didn't see the point in that fact, so you tried to get back to your work. Unfortunately, there was a certain Spanish man in the way.

"Are you excited for today's meeting? I am! I always am wondering what's going on in the other countries." You tried to ignore the loud Spainiard as you looked back at your papers.

"Hey, why don't you talk to me? Are you deaf?" Spain asked, concerned. You silently shook your head.

The thing was, you were incredibly shy. So shy that it was kind of painful. You didn't really get along with other people that well, and didn't have many friends. Being the small country of (c/n), you had just been recognized by the larger countries. You were still new to these meetings, not to mention the people in them.

Spain frowned a bit when you didn't answer verbally, and then looked around the room. He saw that everyone was still arguing, and nothing was getting anywhere. Spain turned back to you, a sudden idea in his head.

"Hey! Chica! How about we get out of here?" Spain whispered to you. Your hand froze in place of writing and you blushed a little.

"I-I don't know.." You muttered uncertainly. Spain smiled again at you and stood up. He grabbed your hand and yanked you up, too.

You blushed darker at the contact of your hands and looked away from Spain's beautiful green eyes.

You suddenly felt a pulling, and soon realized that Spain was tugging you toward the big wooden door exiting the meeting hall. Upon reaching it, Spain pushed open one door; still not letting go of your hand. As you two rushed down the hallway, you could gradually lose track of the loud voices from the meeting hall until they were eventually gone.

You continued to be dragged by Spain through numerous hallways until you both came upon a courtyard. Your breath caught in your throat at the sight of it.

Sunlight streamed from overhead and dappled the grass below. There were many different types of trees growing in the space, but they all seemed to go together very well. Flowers bloomed at the base of the trees, and more bunches were scattered all around the clearing. Birds chittered in the trees and the wind rustled the leaves. Everything was so serene.

Spain led you to one of the many benches in the clearing, and you both sat down. You rested in a comfortable silence until Spain turned to look at you

"You have pretty eyes," Spain told you. You felt a blush creep up your neck at the compliment.

"Thank you," you whispered, not making eye contact with Spain. You didn't get what was so special about your eyes that made them pretty. They were just a boring shade of (e/c). Nothing unique.

You felt a hand on your cheek and your face was turned to face the Spainiard. You locked eyes and your face went full on bright red. Spain chuckled.

"Ah, you look like a tomato," Spain smiled as you blushed even more. He then laughed again, and his laugh was so infectious that you laughed, too.

Spain stopped and looked at you in wonder.

"You have a beautiful smile. Why don't you smile more?" Spain tilted his head to the side questioningly. You cleared your throat and looked down at your folded hands.

Spain gently pushed your head up to look at him again; this time he was closer to you.

"I think I like you," he whispered. Your eyes widened in surprise and you smiled a little.

"I think I like you, too."

Spain gently kissed you, and you gently kissed back. Nothing too serious. Just loving.

You both leaned back. Spain was still gazing at you.

"You should definitely smile more."
~*~*~*~*~*

A/n

This one was kinda cute idk lol

SOOO IM GETTING MY GROOVE BACKKKKK

I think

Anyway, I'm writing so many things and getting so many ideas I think I'm gonna explode omg

Thank you all for voting and reading! It makes me SOOO happyyyyyy

Vote, comment, recommend!

Happy readingggg
~Author-chan is finally backk