Divergent High: Chapter 39

Chapter 39
Tris POV:
I cover my mouth in shock. Four just told me everything.

Four POV:
Tris doesn't give me a look of pity, but brings my body into her arms.
"I'm so sorry Four." She says.
"It's fine, it's fine," I say letting go and swinging my legs over the edge, "all my life I've been taking care of mom and Shai. I think I've done ok, but my dad asked me something Tris. He asked me to go live with him." I say.
Beads of sweat form on my forehead as the evening sun shines onto the treehouse.
"What? Where? When?" Tris asks. I breathe.
"He told me I can live with him. But I'll have to move school and I'll always be travelling because of his job. But I don't think I can leave Shai and my mom."
Her head hangs.
"Or you." I add. She looks up.
"Look Four,Tobias, whoever you are. I didn't think you'd ever be the kind of person to leave me after everything. You've done a great job with Shai, I can see that. I thought I knew you, but I can see you want to go. He's family. But don't expect me to be waiting here if you come running back when things don't go the way you planned. Bye Four." She says.
She quickly leaves down the ladder. I try to get words out of me. Something. But I don't. Something inside tells me I have to go- he's my dad.

-