Epilogue: Starry Utopia

Ryan's P.O.V.

About six months later, around mid-October...

Ryan was rushing through the terminal at LAX, his left hand dragging his suitcase and his right hand clenching the tickets, one for himself and the other for Ramona. He luckily evaded letting her see where they were going. It was a surprise.

Ryan looked back for her. She was rushing behind him trying to keep up, also lugging a suitcase and a heavy bag over her shoulder. Her now lavender hair flew back with her quick pace.

"Ryan! Wait up!" She panted a few feet back, looking up at him.

"Pick it up, slow poke," He smiled, turning back to see where he was going, "Or we'll miss our flight!"

"You haven't even told me where we're going!"

"It's a surprise!"

She didn't hear him through the noise and he faintly heard her holler, "What?"

Ryan looked back and made a nod forward with his head to tell her to run a little more. He briefly saw her tug up the bag on her shoulder and try to go faster. He wanted to slow down, of course, and make things easier on her, but knew that the flight would be boarding soon.

Speaking of which, despite being close to their gate, he barely heard the intercom through the people. The woman on it announced, "Good afternoon passengers. This is the final boarding call for passengers booked on flight 46A to Amsterdam. Please proceed to gate 4 immediately. The final checks are being completed and the captain will order for the doors of the aircraft to close in approximately five minutes time. I repeat, this is the final boarding call for flight 46A. Thank you."

"Did you hear that, Ryan? What did she say?" Ramona asked just behind him. Ryan walked a bit faster and Ramona barely kept up.

"It wasn't our flight," Ryan lied to her, "But about ten minutes ago ours was announced so we ought to get a move on."

Ryan thought he heard Ramona groan. Ryan saw the gate not far and sped through the people and past the seats. He looked back as he approached the lady checking the boarding passes and tickets to see Ramona still following him with difficulty.

"Hello." The woman smiled.

"Hi." Ryan breathlessly told her, handing her his ID and everything else required. Ramona handed her stuff as well, except for the ticket which Ryan had. When he handed the woman the tickets, he nodded to Ramona behind him, "The second one is hers."

"Alright. Enjoy your flight." She said kindly. Ryan nodded and took his things back from her outstretched hand. As they walked to the plane quickly, Ryan heard Ramona then mutter, "Damn it."

"What?" He asked.

"I forgot to check the sign for where we were going." Ramona replied begrudgingly. Ryan laughed.

"I'm sure they'll announce something in the plane. That I can't stop you from hearing."

Barely boarding the flight and soon getting themselves situated in first class beside each other, Ryan and Ramona finally had time to rest their legs.

"Why aren't you telling me, though?" Ramona whined. Ryan looked at her to his right. He smiled at her bright eyes, "I told you. Your birthday is next Saturday and I want to give you an early gift. Which is a surprise."

"By putting me on a plane flying internationally and not telling me where we're going. You've basically kidnapped me."

"Hey, I could've put you in the trunk of my car but instead, you get to drink champagne and fly first class. At least you've got that."