Withering Petals

Ramona's P.O.V.

Ramona and Addie were tending to Shawn's hangover the morning after he got drunk off his ass. Thankfully, it was bad enough to where he could hardly stand without his head hurting him too much. It was temporary, but still quite convenient.

As a matter of fact, Ramona found the only true hard part of tending to him (more so her rather than Addie) were the things he said. They were irritating, no doubt, but more than just bearable. Especially since as soon as he fell asleep while watching TV, Addie and Ramona began to pack more of her things.

While they were in the walk-in closet, stuffing some of her clothes into cardboard boxes (not too much so Shawn wouldn't really notice), Ramona confided in Addie.

"He's so annoying." She complained, stuffing a few shirts from their black plastic hangers into the small box in between her feet.

"Shawn?" Addie asked.

"No, Ryan." Ramona rolled her eyes. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Addie lower the shirt in her hands as she stopped folding it. Ramona smirked and was glad her hair fell in front of her face so Addie didn't see.

"Johana rub off on you?" She scoffed. Ramona suppressed a laugh.

"No. I was born with it." She shoved hair out of her face. Then she glanced at Addie to see her glaring. Then she realized Addie saw her oh-so-cocky smirk.

"What?" Her voice shook from laughter she refused to let out. It was threatening roughly.

"You know what. You sly asshole." Addie shook her head, squinting at her. Ramona's laugh fell out of her lips. Addie smacked her on the arm and when her bicep stung, she realized why the tough Johana always cursed at Addie when she hit her.

"Ow! Christ, Baker, when'd you learn to hit so hard?"

"When I got tired of you and Johana." She mumbled. Ramona couldn't help but laugh again.

The two of them went quiet after that. As they filled the boxes just enough so Shawn wouldn't notice too much gone and picked them up to take them outside, Addie returned to the initial conversation, "So how is he annoying?"

"I'll tell you outside." Ramona stated, for they approached the last few steps. Ramona heard faint snoring on the couch and knew he was fast asleep. Either way, she only spoke when they got out the front door and walked to Addie's car down the block, still in their socks.

"So, again, how is he annoying?"

"He's just demanding."

"Of?"

"What do you think?"

"I'm guessing sex and other highly inappropriate things."

"You guessed right."

Addie sighed. Or was in between a sigh and an angry growl. Just after she and Ramona put the boxes in Addie's trunk, already carrying a few from last night, she closed it roughly. It almost closed on Ramona's fingers and she jumped back, bewildered.

Ramona looked over to see Addie lean back on the rear end of her car, a worn down silver Toyota, and glare at what was ahead of her. Ramona looked to see what she was glaring at, and saw her gaze had landed on a car parked not far from her own.

"Geez, what'd that car do to you?" She chuckled. Addie didn't show her usual smile. Ramona went serious, and Addie finally replied, "Nothing. It's Shawn I hate."

Ramona clicked her tongue, "He didn't do anything to you. It's fine."

"It's not fine, and I know, but he did things to you."