Backyard

Ramona's P.O.V.

It was much later that night. Lynn was helping Ramona get ready, insisting that whoever was coming over was someone she'd want to dress up over.

Lynn and Ramona had been arguing for five minutes now, and currently Lynn was curling Ramona's hair for her as Ramona sat on the toilet.

"They can't be that important!" Ramona snapped.

"You'd be surprised." Lynn replied plainly.

"For me to get all dressed up?"

"Yep." She said, popping the 'p.' Ramona rolled her eyes, and then Lynn had accidentally pulled some of her hair.

"Ow!" Ramona exclaimed.

"Maybe if you'd shut up and sit still." Lynn mumbled. Ramona jerked away and looked at her, "Excuse me?"

Lynn pointed the curler at Ramona, making it about six inches from her face as she said in defense, "I'll burn your face! Now turn back around!"

"Why?"

"Do you really want only one half of your hair curled?"

Ramona pouted and turned around yet again, Lynn returning to her hair. There was a moment of silence before Ramona continued to pester Lynn, both not wanting to get so "dolled up" and wanting to know who was coming.

"How much longer will this take?" She asked.

"You getting ready or me curling your hair?"

"Both."

"Getting ready, I don't know. Curling your hair, another couple of hours if you keep moving and whining."

Another pause came.

"Is this person a guy?" Ramona asked.

"I'm not telling!"

With this exclamation, Lynn tugged on Ramona's hair a bit again and Ramona cringed. Then Johana's voice came in Shawn and Ramona's room, coming closer to the bathroom they were both in.

"Hey, my bitches!"

Then she poked her head in past the door frame, looking in at Lynn and Ramona. She eyed Ramona's hair.

"I'm not sure if I love it or hate it."

Lynn looked down at her job on the hair, almost admiring her work. She fluffed up a bit of it, telling Johana, "You love it!"

Johana raised an eyebrow and actually walked in, sitting on the counter near the toilet. She looked over at the messy counter, covered in cosmetic supplies.

"Jesus, Ramona, is this all yours?" Johana asked, her face scrunching up a little.

"No, it's Lynn's." Ramona replied. Lynn giggled as Johana looked at her.

"God, woman, you have enough makeup for an entire drag parade."

This made Ramona laugh. Lynn held up the curler.

"I'll burn your face too!" She snapped. Johana laughed. There was more silence. Ramona could feel Lynn approaching the last bit of hair she had to do and felt relieved. However, Johana said, "I'll do her makeup."

"Aw, I wanted to do that!" Lynn whined. Ramona wanted Johana to do it more, honestly, but didn't say that out loud. As she also felt the little tugs on her hair of Lynn finishing her hair, she saw Johana approach Ramona with eyeliner.

"I'm gonna keep it simple, Ramona." She said as Ramona closed her eyes.

"Thank you." Ramona said.