Chapter 32 This is the End

*Ella's POV*

Today was the day I get out of the hospital. It's been a week since I first got in here and I am ready to get out. The whole time I was in here I was either sleeping or doing therapy, so nothing exciting. My ribs had healed to the best of their ability in a week. Mr. DuPree said that I had to use crutches for at least two weeks until my ribs were fully healed. The blue, black, and purple that covered my eye was now very faint, and I could open that eye.

Mush was helping me out of the bed and onto my crutches. When I stood up, I pulled his face to mine and kissed him. This was one of our magical kisses that neither of us wanted to pull away from, but knew we had to. He smiled at me then kissed my forehead.

"What was dat for?" he asked with the biggest grin ever.

"I am thankful for you and the boys. I am thankful for the fact that you love me and would not give up on me no matter what. Mush, I'm thankful that you saves me from being hit by that carriage all those months ago. It was a meeting that I will never forget as long as I live. Mush Meyers I am madly in love with you and thankful for the fact that you are just simply in my life."

What I said made Mush emotional. He hugged me the tightest he could without hurting me. Being in his arms, gave me a sense of security that I never wanted out of my life for as long as I lived.

"Ella, I don' plan on leavin' anytime soon," Mush said as he buried his face into my right shoulder. I laid my head on his.

We stayed like this for about ten minutes until Mr. DuPree came in. Both of us stayed how we were as he talked. Mr. DuPree didn't seem to mind which was nice.

"The girls doing the actual bullying were suspended from school for a week. They are being transferred to a school far away from here. As for their boyfriend's, well, let's just say that they will have a nice new home in prison with the rest of the Crib (Irish mob) that was captured. The Delancey Brothers will be in there a while too. Whenever you are ready to leave come on outside. Mrs. DuPree, Margaret, Race, and I will be waiting. Oh, and Spot; he's out there too," Mr. DuPree said as he smiled lovingly and fatherly at Mush and I then left.

Mush lifted his head from my shoulder and looked me in the eyes and said, "Youse ready ta go?"

He had a gigantic smile on his face that made me cock an eyebrow.

"Yes... I am... Why do you have that cute little smile?"

"Jus happy dat youse is finally in my arms smilin' an happy," Mush said as he pecked me on the lips. "Happy dat all dis chaoticness is finally ova. Happy dat Wese can have boyfriend goilfriend time. Happy dat youse can live a lid youse wanna live an be happy wit it."

It was my turn to peck his lips and burry my face into his shoulder. This boy made me feel like no other. This boy right here made me feel as though I were the most important human being in the world let alone most important girl in the world.

"Mush?"

"Yeah Ella?"

"Hold me for a little while longer please. Just a few more minutes."

"Okay. Ise got ya Ella," Mush said as he stroked my hair. "Ise'll Neva let ya go. I promise."

He kept his promise and didn't let me go until I told him we needed to go otherwise people would wonder where we were. Reluctantly, he pulled away and helped me get settled with the crutches.

     When we got outside, I about broke down (my emotions always get the better of me and make me cry which explains a lot). Everyone from all over New York City was outside waiting for me, and when they saw me, they started cheering. Streets were filled with people after people. The Manhattan and Brooklyn Newsies were right in front though along with the DuPrees and... oh my gosh... Governor Theodore Roosevelt! Now I know my father was his banker, but I had never officially met him. My mother would always visit him and my father when I was a mere baby and toddler. That stopped once I started school.