Chapter 30 Here Comes Trouble

*PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END* 

     It has been five days since Mush, Race, Margaret and I have taken our lazy day, and the boys have been watching the Delancey Brothers during those five days.

     Their usual routine included walking around the streets of Manhattan finding a reason to cause trouble. Their usual path? They started at the distribution center and made their way through the streets. No distinct path was made. At noon they would meet at Tibby's for lunch then go out and about then meet back there at five o'clock.

     "Dose brothas jus go as dey please," Jack said one day while we were sitting outside the lodge. He was smoking a cigarette that Blink had given him.

     "Heya Jacky Boy, would those brothas happen ta be us?" Oscar said as he popped a squat next to me and threw his arm around me.

     "Get ya arm off my goil Oscar," Mush said through gritted teeth. I gave him a look that warned him to not do anything just yet.

     "How come Mush? Youse afraid she's gonna leave ya like ya fatha-"

     "Shut up."

     "Boys stop," I said firmly which got their attention. "If you want to talk to me lets go somewhere else to talk. Only you, Morris, and I though. No one else."

     This earned looks of concern from the other boys. Mush looked at me, eyes filled with rage and concern. I just stood up, hugged him, kissed his cheek, then walked with Oscar and Morris to the nearest alley.

     "What do you guys want?" I asked cocking my eyebrow.

     "Ella, youse messed with da wrong people. Ya little boyfriend Mush, he hit da second in command," Morris stated.

     "Now ta punish him Wese gotta punish you. How're we gonna punish ya you ask? Like dis," Oscar said smugly as he threw a punch to my gut.

     Morris held me back and tied a bandana around my mouth so I couldn't scream for help. As the blows got harder the more people I saw emerging from the alley. Oh no... more trouble. My only defense was kicking and screaming which came out muffled.

     More blows came. I started to get light-headed, but I forced myself to stay awake. Finally, they threw me to the ground. I looked up and what I saw made me sob even more then I already was.

     Mush was being held back and had watched all that had happened to me. He had hot, angry, sad tears falling from his eyes and a look of pure fury on his face. They threw him to the ground and he made a b-line for me. Carefully, he picked me up and held me in his arms.

      Laying his forehead on mine his voice was quiet as he said, "I'm so sorry Ella... I'm so sorry..."

     That's when everything went black...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey y'all!

     I have missed you guys so much! I apologize for not updating in a while, but I have a reason. My grandpa's (my dad's dad and stepdad) have both been sick and in the hospital. My dad's real dad has stage 4 lung cancer and a collapsed lung. My other grandpa has been having heart trouble. These past few weeks have been very emotional and hectic so that is why I have not updated in a while. Please pray for both of them and my family as this is rough for us all.

     I will try and update more frequently but I won't have set dates. Love you all so much!!! Please vote, like, and comment as it is greatly appreciated! Love ya!

~GabrielleMarie