Chapter 25 The Delancey Brothers

***PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END***

Mush's POV

     "What da ya want Oscar?" I asked standing in front of Ella protectively.

     "Ya got some friends of ours in trouble. Dat wasn' a smart move Meyers," Oscar said with a sly smirk sliding across his face.

     I glanced at Ella and saw fear spread across her face like jelly on toast.

"Please leave Mush alone. He was just protecting me-"

     Oscar grabbed her and held her in front of him. Ella was crying and trying to break free. Knowing that if I charged for her, Oscar would do something to her.

     "Shut up ya lil'-" Morris started until he was cut off by my fist colliding with jaw. He stumbled back then swung at me.

     "Leave him alone! Mush! Morris leave him alone! Beat me instead-" Ella was cut off by Oscar slapping her across the face to shut her up.

     No one messes with my Ella.

     I then charged at Oscar and tackled him. Punches to his face were thrown repeatedly. This rat wasn't gonna hurt my Ella no matter what.

     Finally when Oscar's face was bruised and bloody he stumbled to his feet as did I, and we stared each other down.

     Ella ran and stood in front of me and screamed, "If you want to hurt Mush then you have to kill me first!"

     Instinctively, I pulled her back and held her close to me. I wasn't letting her go unless the Delanceys started coming for her.

     She was trying so hard not to break down, and it hurt my heart. Her eyes were looking me up and down checking for any damage. A lot was found, but not as much Oscar had. Ella hugged me tightly and sobbed into me.

     Morris glared at me knowing I won for now. He and Oscar walked away with his final words of that day being, "You'll pay for dis Mush!"

     I just death glared him then looked down at Ella. She was sobbing into my right shoulder which was drenched from her tears, but I didn't care. This is what she really needed. Someone to hold her and let her let everything out and only comment when necessary.

Ella's POV

     This is what I really needed. Someone to hold me, let me let everything out, and only comment when they felt was necessary.

     I couldn't stand seeing Mush hurt, knowing I was the cause of his physical and mental pain, knowing that I put him in this danger. When I looked up at him, still sobbing, he wiped my tears (though it did nothing), kissed my forehead, and laid his forehead on mine.

     "Ella, Ise don' care what happens ta me. As long as youse is safe an happy-"

     "Mush, I put you through all of this physical and mental pain. How could you still want to be with me and love me? The crap you've been through-"

     "Ella, I love ya because ya love me for me. Ya got da sweetest heart I know. No matta what happens ta me, youse is always dere for me an I wanna always be dere for ya. Love don' even begin ta describe how Ise feel for ya-"

     With that I kissed him. It was short and sweet, but it felt right. Words can't describe how it felt, but it felt something like when you know you have just found the thing that gives your life meaning. This is the best way I can describe it in words. This is what I feel every time we kiss.

     "I love you too Mush Meyers. Now," I said as I smiled weakly and sniffed while Mush wiped my eyes, "let's get you cleaned up shall we?"

     We went out to the docks and sat by the water. I ripped fabric from an old dress I brought if ever I needed it and used it to clean his wounds.

     The sun was beginning to set and the Brooklyn boys were starting to get back. Spot came over and looked at Mush.

     "What happened now?"

     After explaining to Spot what happened, he looked at me.

     "Ya mean ta tell me da Delancey Brothas were here?! In my territory?! Messin' wit my friends?!" Spot had this look in his eye that said he was blood thirsty.

     Knowing how much his reputation means to him, I asked if us three could talk in private. We went behind some crates, and that's when I hugged him. It was a friendly/sisterly hug. Mush knew I was trying to help like what happened last time with Martin.

     Spot hugged back awkwardly after a while. It was comforting. Not like Mush's hugs, nothing could ever compare to those. His hug was different. It was more of a brotherly hug then it was friendly.

     "Spot I'm fine, Mush is fine. Everyone's fine except Oscar. Mush about pummeled him to death," I said looking up at him. "Since when do you call people friends?"

     "Well I mean Ise told ya practically everythin about me an Ise helped Mush in da strike," he stated and pulled away from the hug. There was something in his eye that made me think he had to do this once before.

     I went back by Mush, and Spot leaned against the crates with his arms crossed. His pimp cane was in his left belt loop, slingshot was in his back pants pocket, and a key was around his neck.

     "Spot?"

     "Hm?"

     "What's that key for? You never told me," I asked curiously.

     "It's nutin. Mush, if ya stayin here-"

     "Ise is stayin back here wit her. Nutin'll happen Ise promise," Mush said which makes me smile at how respectful he is.

     Spot just nods and goes back out and gets the boys ready for sleep.

     I turned to Mush and smiled, making him cock an eyebrow and smile at me

     "What?" he asked.

     "I just love you. You're so respectful, and you know when to stop whatever it is you need to stop. Mush Meyers, I'm glad I ran into you that day we met and I knocked over all of your newspapers which I still haven't payed you back for," I said earning a peck on the lips and a tight embrace from Mush.

     He buried his bruised face into my shoulder. We stayed like this for a while until it got dark. Mush lifted his head and looked me straight in the eye and told me, "Ella Thomas, I love ya more den my life, an I'd do whateva Ise could ta keep ya in it."

     He kissed my forehead and let me go behind my changing crates and get changed. When I came out, he was on the mattress sleeping. I kissed his forehead and whispered, "Until tomorrow my New York City Love."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey y'all!!!

     How was your Christmas? Mine was amazing!!! I got a laptop which I have been wanting for three years, but my family hasn't had the money. My birthday was also December 30.

     Sooooo... What'd ya think of this chapter? I know it's long, but the past two were short so I thought it'd be nice to write a long one.

     Happy New Years Eve!!!

     I'm going to be updating tomorrow as well since it will be Friday tomorrow. This update is because I did not update last Friday as it was Christmas and I was spending family time with my, well, family.

     I love knowing what you think of this story, so please vote, like, and comment!!! Love ya!!!

  ~GabrielleMarie