Chapter 24 The Awakening

PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END

     Just as I was about to get up and go tell Spot to get Mr. Margery, he woke. He actually woke!

     "Wha-What happened?" Mush asked as he sat and held his head.

     After explaining to him for about thirty minutes, he hugged me and apologized for about five minutes which made me giggle at how sweet he was. Mush and his, well, mushy feelings.

     "Don't feel sorry Mush. I'm just glad you're awake and with me," I said as I booped his nose with my index finger.

     I earned a chuckle from him. For a while we were just staring into each other's eyes, until he came.

     "How's Mush- Oh... uh hi," Spot said uncomfortably. "Ise is jus gonna let ya guys get back... uh... sorry."

     I laughed at how uncomfortable he was. Mush was sitting criss-cross-applesauce so I sat in his lap with my back towards him. He held me, and laid his forehead on my shoulder. Without hesitation, I rested the right side of my head on his and held his arms.

     "Mush, don't be so hard on yourself. Did you run here?" I felt him nod.

     "We're you running from something or someone?" He nodded again.

     "What were you running from?"

     He whispered, "My life witout youse dere..."

     Mush then lifted his head with tears threatening to leak. I stood us both up and hugged him as tight as I could. These words touched my heart. I would have never expected those words to ever be spoken to me by anyone.

     "Mush I'll always be in your life. I promise," I said and looked up at him. He looked down at me.

     Taking his hat from the mattress that I never returned to his head after I took it off, I put it on. I had managed to earn a smile from him.

     "Ya look betta in it den I do," Mush said smiling. The tears were no longer there.

     "Well Mush Meyers, I think you look good in it," I stated with my quirky smile.

     As I was about to sit down again, Mush grabbed my hand and twirled me making me laugh. He's never been like this before which makes me happy but worried. We were slow dancing to Mush's humming. I kissed his cheek then laid the right side of my head on his shoulder. I never wanted this moment to end.

Mush's POV
     I never wanted this moment to end. As Ella's laid her head on my shoulder, I laid my head on her's.

     I meant what I said earlier about running away from a life without her, but that's not the only reason why I was running.

     You see, the group of girls that were bullying her, I found them. The reason the guys got in trouble was because I needed someone to hurt, and I can't hurt a girl (Ella also didn't want the girls in trouble since they used to be her friends). I was defending Ella when the boys came. She was right about them being in the Crib (Irish mob), because the Delancey Brothers were with them. They started chasing me, so I put an egg in my shoe and beat it.

     I was running away from something, but I was also running away from someone, more like some people.

     "Ella,"

     "Yes my New York City Love?" Ella asked looking up at me with just her eyes smiling. It hurt me how clueless she was.

     After explaining for about an hour of the whole situation, Ella sat down on the mattress. When I sat next to her, she pulled me into a kiss. Gosh, I've missed her so much in just one day.

     After we pulled away, she leaned against me and I stroked her hair knowing how much it helps to calm her. She closed her eyes as silent tears fell. Seeing her cry like this stabbed me in my heart too many times to count.

     "Thank you for telling me," she said quietly.

     "Wese is gonna figure dis out. PIse promise," I said reassuringly.

     "Well well well. Look at what Wese got here. Mush Meyers an da lil' banka's daughta," said the voice of none other than Oscar Delancey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey y'all!!!

     CHRISTMAS BREAK IS FINALLY HERE!!! Just got out today which I'm overjoyed!!! Tomorrow I have a Christmas party with my mom's side.

     Got any big plans for break? My plans are staying home and doing what I have to. Chipotle is also in there too.

~~BIG NEWS~~
THIS STORY WILL BE ENDING SOON!

     I hate to say this but it is true. I feel as though Mushella (their ship name) has had major problems and this will be the last problem they truly do face.

     I may do another book later...

~GabrielleMarie