{Prologue} Easter Brunch

Start from the beginning

Rob, who stood behind the two toddlers, was looking at the two of them with relief. Ivy had stopped crying.

"It looks like my three month old is better at calming Ivy down then your husband, Elle." I said jokingly. Elle chuckled.

"No surprise there."

Rob walked over to join us at the coach, where we continued to watch the two children play with a beheaded bear and a dog-dog.

After a few more minutes of watching the kids, I broke the watch by standing up and walking toward the kitchen. Elle followed behind me, petting Ivy gently on the head as she passed.

I was talking out the rolls from the oven when Elle walked into kitchen.

"What's for Easter brunch?" She asked, watching as I carefully placed the hot baking sheet on the stovetop.

"James wanted turkey so there's that as well as sweet rolls and a saled."

"Oh good, we can open the wine for brunch then." Elle added happily as I walked around the kitchen.

Finding a bowel for the bread, I returned to the stove top and started to place each roll in the bowel.

"Where's the bird?" Elle asked. I kicked my foot over to the big oven below the stove. Elle jumped down to her oven and flipped the light switch on.

"Dude you make Rob's cooking look pathetic." I smiled.

"No surprise there. Why else would Easter be at my place?" Elle made a noise in agreement before standing back up.

"What should I do?"

"Go grab the silver plate for the turkey. Four cabinet to your right." I ordered.

Once finishing the rolls, I placed it on the island and turned back to the fridge and started on the salad.

"When do you go back to the company?" Elle asked suddenly, making me look up at her.

"Two weeks. Joe gave me an extra week when I told him how I was not planning to dance in next performance. I need a break after Daniel." Elle nodded.

"Joe was not as kind to me, but then again I am dancing in Jewels so.. By the way how are you planning to handle Daniel while you're dancing?"

Oh, the dreaded question for every ballet mother.

"Well James has it all planned out I think. Since he works at Balenry Primary School, they have a day care attached which I think he is planning to bring Daniel to every day."

"Oh you're lucky. Rob and I both dance so now we have to bring Ivy with us. But I really don't want to be that mother who keeps her kid backstage all day. Ivy would be miserable!" I nodded.

"We don't need another Avery accident." Elle hissed like a cat at the remembrance.

Last year a Prima had a kid named Avery. Her boyfriend was a choreographer at the studio so it was obvious that she was not going to keep her kid at home. Avery was at every rehearsal. At every performance.

If the child was quiet and stayed out of the wings we would have been fine but unfortunately Avery was not such child. He was loud and cried every time his mother left to go out and dance. The Prima could never really dance since her son was always attached to her leg. Not to mention her boyfriend never seemed to help her.

"I highly doubt Ivy is like Avery." I reminded Elle. Elle sighed.

"No of course not. Ivy is smart. I just don't want to force the girl to sit in my dressing room the whole entire day."

"Well hey, she could make friends with Avery." I replied slyly. Again Elle made a noise.

It only took us a half hour to get the food on the table. Both boys brought out the high chairs and made sure to place both babies next to each other at the table.

Elle ran to the cellar for the wine while James and I placed the food on the table. Rob sat next to Ivy who was not playing with his hair, or rather, as much as she could grab with her fingers.

When we all sat down for brunch, it became a happy feast and no child cried. We went off on how my cooking was way better than Rob's which caused Rob to say how at least he can cook. James, Rob and I sat happily watching as Elle went off on how theoretically she would be an amazing cook. This then led to Rob calling Cody who happened to be in the middle of a brunch of his own at the Clark's house.

But of course, Cody was ever so happy to speak about how terrible his sister is at cooking, and gave us perfect examples of when Mrs. Emerson tried to teach Elle how to cook.

"I wish we just brought Cody and Sara over as well for brunch." Rob commented after the call ended.

"That was the plan until Sara told Cody that her parents wanted them over for Easter instead." James replied.

"I am so glad your parents aren't like that." Elle said as an afterthought toward Rob.

"You wouldn't have married me otherwise." Elle nodded in amusement.

Dessert was served next which consisted of an Easter stilled white cake with lemon and almond paste.

While the adults ate their fill, the two toddlers stuffed their faces happily. Ivy even became generous enough to give Rob some of her cake.. in his face.

After that, the adults decided that brunch was over. The rest of the day was spent with Elle and Rosie going on a walk around the pond in the back of the neighborhood with Ivy and Daniel.

 As for Rob and James, they went off to save Cody from a disastrous family brunch.