19

Newt's POV

"We have got to keep going." Minho ordered, picking up the pace.

"Minho slow down." I said picking up my pace along with Giselle's. "I know you want to get to Tommy as fast as we can but we have to save our energy, who knows what we are going to encounter." I told him.

"He's right plus you've got an injured person with you." Vince said from behind us.

"Oh so now you admit that you are injured!" Minho exclaimed. "You didn't have to come."

"Um yes I did. How else would you have gotten to the safe haven? Don't forget that I'm the only one that knows. I'm the one with the friends in the mountains." He stated.

"I hope Brenda and Jorge are okay. We left them all alone to deal with everyone." Giselle spoke up.

"They're not alone we left them with Frypan. Once they are done settling everyone in they are coming to meet us." I told her.

After Vince 'got' better we made our way to the safe haven. Before we left we managed to figure out almost everything that was going on. Just like Teresa and Kristina, Aris was always working with WCKD. One of the watch guards managed to see in what direction he went. Vince said that he was going towards the safe haven.

That was one thing we figured out. The other was where was Tommy. After a couple of hours of desperation and arguments, we finally got our answer. I don't know how but Kristina managed to get in contact with us with a communication device we had in the camp. Long story short she explained everything to me and only me. She made me not say anything to anyone and I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing but I had to go along with everything she told me. Right now that was the only thing that made sense to as way everything was happening. Shortly after I managed to convince everyone into listening to me and trusting me to find Thomas. And now we are here going towards the camp.

"We should take a rest." Giselle suggested looking at Vince.

I turned to look at him and he did not look good. He seemed pale and was starting to walk more slowly.

"Minho stop let's take a moment to rest." I tried stopping him but Minho being Minho kept walking. "Minho!"

"What?" He said suddenly turning to face me.

"We need to stop Vince is not looking so good. We are not very far so let's just take a couple of minutes before we continue."

"I'm sorry but no Newt." He sighed. "I can't waste time sitting here who knows what is going to happen to Thomas. No one told you to bring along dead weight."

"Hey! Vince is not dead weight!" Giselle yelled at him. "He has done a lot for you and your friends so the least you can do is show him some respect."

Minho looked down at the ground and shook his head slightly. "I'm sorry Vince." He said walking towards us.

Vince, who had one hand in his injury, waved his other hand in the air. "Don't worry about it kid. You're worried about your friend I get it. Just give me a second I'll be up before you know it."

"No it's okay you need to rest here take some of my water." Minho offered. Vince gladly took the canteen and started drinking from it. "So how far are we from where they are?" Minho asked me.

"Not very far we've got maybe less than hour or so by the pace we are going at." I told him. Minho just nodded and looked around.

Minho's POV

We would never make it in time to help Thomas at the pace we were going at. We had to go sooner or later. So I started running. Running in the direction I knew I had to go in.

"Minho! What are you doing?!" I heard Newt call out to me.

I turned around to see him ad everyone else. I could barely make out their expressions because I ran very quickly from them.

"Don't worry! We will meet up soon!" I yelled back before I continued to run.

I could have sworn I heard him groan loudly before he called out to me one last time. "Alright then just be careful!"

I ran as fast as I could. Felt like I was back at the maze but this time I felt more free. Okay that's a lie WCKD was practically anywhere at the moment so free wasn't the best term to use right now. Along the way I had a few run ins with cranks but nothing I couldn't handle. Finally after running for I don't know how long I saw lights and movement. Movement meant people, so Thomas had to be there. That also meant that Jo and Teresa were there.

I had to sneak in one way or another without being caught by one of the girls. I slowly made my way through the camp trying to go unnoticed so I could get closer to where everyone was.

I pulled out my machete before anyone could notice me. The first person I saw in my sights was Jo. I was ready to hold her by her neck and ask her where Thomas was but what I didn't notice were the two girls behind me with loaded guns.

"Drop it!" I heard one of them yell at me loud enough so everyone could put their attention on us. Jo was one of them. She seemed surprised to see me but that didn't surprise me.

"What's wrong Jo? Didn't except to see me here?" I asked her my voice laced with anger.

"No." She told me. "I just expected more of you to come. Not just you."

She signaled the girls behind me to grab my hands and tie me up. I tried to fight them off but another girl pointed her gun to my head. I stopped and waited for the girls to finish doing what they were doing.

"One of us must be jacked up because you are not making sense." I told her.

"Well come on in Minho and I will explain everything to you." She said walking into a tent.

A/N: Hello everyone. I'm back!!! God it's been to long, I'm sorry. It must have been so annoying to see me gone for so long but the story will continue. Hope you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.

Kayla