4

Thomas's POV

"Can you believe this they are already developing a formula. They stole Mary's idea." I told Vince as I showed him the files.

"Yes they did but they are doing it all wrong." He said. "They have everything down but the way they are processing it will cure someone for a couple days, a week max, but then it will make them worse than what they already are. They will turn into full term cranks."
"How do you know that?" Brenda asked.
"Well they are taking it from the blood but when they start taking it from the brain they take too much and not only will the host die days later but they will also kill the people they give the cure too."

We all stood there processing what he just told us. The host will die days later. Minho. His file said that he was going to be tested tomorrow.

"Guys, Minho is going to die. Remember, in his file he was going to used for testing tomorrow. We have to get him tonight and destroy WCKD before they can do more harm." I said as I stood up quickly.

"Whoa calm down hermano." Jorge said as he got up with me. "Its been a long day we need to rest. Especially you, so we can't leave tonight. If we do we won't be as prepared and we will die. So calm down, eat something and take a rest. At the first light of day I will come get you and we will leave to rescue Minho and destroy WCKD."

As much as I didn't want to do, he was right. It was better for Minho, for everyone if we were well rested and ready for tomorrow. I gave him a nod and walked out of the tent leaving all of my things behind. What I didn't notice was Brenda following me out of the tent.

"Hey you alright?" She asked once she caught up with me.
"Yeah I'm fine just worried, you know?"
"Yeah me too. I miss having Minho around even all his nagging and sarcastic comments."

I let out a laugh but I suddenly stopped when I saw her. Teresa. She was standing there looking at me. I stood still and stared at her but then she changed. She had my machete in her stomach and was looking at me. I knew this wasn't real, because I saw the exact same thing with the crank earlier, but for some reason I felt sick to my stomach. I took a couple steps before she said 'I am sorry' and she disappeared.

"Thomas, Thomas hello." Brenda's voice slowly brought me out of my trance. "You good? You kinda zoned out there for a second."

"I-I saw her again." I told her.
"Who? Teresa?"
"Yeah and this time I felt sick, like very sick."

"Okay Jorge was right, you definitely need to eat something and sleep." She said pulling me toward a cookers tent.

The aroma of different foods made my stomach growl instantly. I grabbed a piece of bread, different types of vegetables, some type of meat and water. Halfway through my meal I noticed the Fry wasn't at his usual station.

"Hey do you know where Frypan is?" I asked Brenda.

"He was sent out today to patrol." She said covering her mouth as she finished chewing. I was surprised to say the least. Fry wasn't the one you see with guns and heavy armor often so I was really taken by surprise.
"Well I hope he's okay."

We finished our meal and stepped outside of the tent. Everyone was scrambling towards the opening gates.

"What is going on?" Brenda asked, practiclly reading my mind.

Once we got close enough to see what was happening, we saw two guys, including Fry, carrying another guy eh seemed to be injured.

"Where's Vince?" Fry asked.

"Right here. What's going on?" Vince said.
"Julian got bitten by a crank, he needs help." One guy said.
"Alright come with me to my tent we can help him come on."

They all followed Vince and quickly made there way towards the tent. Brenda and I followed them as the crowd went back to their previous activities.

By the time we reached the tent, Fry was already coming out of the tent.
"Hey Thomas!" He said running towards me while pulling me into a hug. "Any news on Minho?" He asked after letting me go.

"We are getting him out tomorrow morning." I told him.
"That's great well I'm coming with you, strength in numbers right?"
"Yeah of course I'll let Jorge know."
"Alright well I got to go back but I'll see you guys tomorrow."

With that Fry left without saying anything else and as he did Newt was walking towards us.

"Is it just me or has our little boy become a man?" Newt asked me.
"I guess he has." I chuckled.

"So where's your girlfriend?" A smug smile played on Brenda's face.
"I don't know. I don't have one." Newt replied, trying to hide the small blush that was appearing on his face.
"That's what you think." She told him. "It kinda seems that you and G are more than just friends." Brenda looked at me quickly for some support on her side but I didn't do anything.

"Think all you want but she isn't my girlfriend, plus this isn't the time for those kind of things."
"Right." Brenda said sarcastically.
"Is it just me or does it feel like Minho hasn't left at all."

"Okay guys lets calm down and try to relax here." I said before things escalated.
"Thank you Tommy. So when are we leaving tomorrow?" Newt asked.
"As soon as the sun rises."
"Perfect well I have to go and help out with something." He said walking away.

"Tell G I say hi!" Brenda yelled. "Oh and don't forget to tell her your leaving tomorrow!"

I shook my head and smiled. "You know what I think he is right you were hanging out with Minho for too long."
"What are you walking about Thomas? I knew him for a couple days."
"Well it seems like you knew him for a long time."

Vince came out of his tent with a worried look on his face.
"Is everything alright?" I asked him.
"He had a bad bite on his neck and shoulder I'm not sure if he will pull through." He sighed. "Thomas we need to destroy WCKD, and help people that are infected. I know we don't have the man power but we need to do it as soon as we can."

I knew he was right. The Red Arm has been growing stronger to take down WCKD but we weren't ready.

"I know, but we both know that we aren't ready. Look I promise you that when I go get Minho out of there we will look into there weak spots and attack when we are ready."
"You are right Thomas, I just don't want more people to suffer."
"And they won't because I promise you that Ava Paige will die."

A/N: 5 days without updating! Sorry I didn't even notice it has been that long but thank you for being patient with me. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.  :)