11

Thomas' POV

The urge to run and go back to my friends was filling up my body. I can't even look at her anymore she's a different person. As the long minutes pass by I figured that if I see one more smug grin on her face I would wipe it off with the blade of her own spear. Then she spoke.

"I know what's happening is confusing you." Her voice was raspy from the lack of water. She continued to whisper as I heard her lean closer to me. "It's even confusing me but, in the end it will make sense Tom. Trust me."

As if her words were like magic, they made all my negative thoughts of her vanish. Shuck she made my mind go blank. Tom. She hasn't called me that in a long time.  To be honest I missed it and her but for the first time ever Teresa Agnes has left me confused.

I took this opportunity to speak with her. I need to know if she is saying the truth. I turned over slowly but I didn't face her completely.

"I know I'm not supposed to speak with out your permission-"
"Your not. So shut up." She whispered.
"Then how do you want my trust if you don't let me talk to you?"

She stayed quiet, didn't even move but I notice her eyes closed tightly. She took a deep breath before gaining her composure. I took her silence as an opportunity to speak once again.

"In order for me to trust you, you have to tell me everything. This isn't you Teresa. You changed in the scorch and I want to know why."

"Tom," she bit her bottom lip as she looked over to me. In you quick move she managed to get her spear and hit me with the butt of it.

Once again I was met with a sharp pain on the left side of my face. I groaned for a split second before she covered my mouth.

"When I tell you to speak, you speak." She spat. "And keep your voice down they are asleep."

Teresa moved her hand from my mouth before getting up to leave. For those brief seconds a lump formed in my throat and now I felt my eyes watering up.

I'm angry. I'm angry at her for playing with my emotions, threatening my friends, and threatening me. But I'm also angry at myself because I knew that somewhere in me was a sliver of hope for her.

Soon the crunching of dirt came from behind me and of course it was Jo who was up next.

"Thomas." She said politely. At least she seems nice but I'm done falling for these stupid games. "Don't go to sleep just yet. I'd like to speak to you."

I let out a heavy sigh but she didn't do anything to me.
"Well I'm tired so if it's okay with you boss I'd like to sleep."
"You sleep when I say you sleep." Jo told me as she pulled her gun up and pointed it to my stomach.
"Fine."

"You need to give her a couple of days. Everything will be sorted out soon." She whispered.
"What is it with you guys whispering to me." My voice suddenly grew louder than I intended.
"Just believe what she says to you in moments like these. Not what she does to you."

"I don't think that's going to happen. So since you are most likely going to tell her about this conversation tell her that I don't. She needs to stop wasting her breath. Can I sleep?"

She nodded and put her gun down. I turned away from her and managed to scoot over a couple of inches.
"Thomas." Jo whispered once again.
What was with them and whispering to me.  "It wasn't her fault. It was mine."

To someone just a foot away from her wouldn't be able to hear what she said but I did. I raised my eyebrows trying to understand what she meant by that. All the thinking and questions I had were wearing me down and before I knew it I fell asleep with her words on my mind.

"Alright someone wake him up!"

My eyes shot wide open when I heard those word. I sat up straight before two girls stood next to me.

"Oh look someone is awake how nice. I guess goodnight sleep makes someone more obedient." Teresa said with a giant grin.

No I just don't want weak girls to use all their energy trying to hurt me. That thought ran faster through my head than Minho so I bit my tongue, to prevent those words from coming out.  

"Give him some water and something to eat." She ordered.
A small girl with a bag and canteen walked up to me.
"Open up." She told me and I listened.

The water wasn't very cold but it ran smoothly down my throat. I must have forgotten how water tasted because at the moment it was the best thing in the world.

"Okay I think that's enough, you'll choke." She chuckled.
"Let him, it will be easier for everyone if he dies like that." The short haired girl said.
"Don't listen to them, they're bullies. Here some nuts."

I ate those things faster than I intended too but they did the job.
"Why are you being so nice to me?"
"I'm not the type of person to use violence unless necessary.  You haven't really done anything to deserve it. Unless you've done something your guilty of."

"Hey beats me. Unless betraying WCKD counts." I said growing rather comfortable with the girl.
"Now see there's your problem." She smiled then quickly pulled over the brown bag over me.

"No not this again." I groaned.
"I'm sorry Thomas but this should be the last thing you should worry about." She told me as she wrapped the rope around me.
"I'll keep that in mind uh, what's your name?"
"Allyson." She said before disappearing from my limited sights.

"Alright everyone let's grab this rope and head on out." I heard Teresa say far away from me.

Soon I was being dragged on the ground to the meet point. My energy was very low so I wasn't surprised when my muscles started screaming at me. Lucky for me as soon as my body gave out, the terrain became softer and even though my back was pretty messed up I was grateful it wouldn't get worse.

It was around the afternoon when we arrived to the mysterious meet point. I was finally let out of the bag that started to feel like an oven. The sun's blinding light pierced my eyes but soon in front of me a cave appeared along with 15 guns pointed right at me.

"Alright ladies and prisoner!" A girl, whose name was Cindy, yelled. "We will receive contact from WCKD soon so let's make ourselves at home."

Everyone cheered as they dragged me to a lightly dimmed camp.

"Here tie Thomas-" Teresa's order was interrupted by a nearby beeping sound.

After searching for what seemed to be hours. Jo found a portable device hidden in the cracks of the walls. She pressed the blinking screen and a video of Ava Paige started playing.

Hello group B. If you are seeing this that means that your trip to the safe haven will soon be over. You will be instructed with further instructions soon. Be on the look out, you are in a dangerous location keep each other safe. Oh and Thomas.

I immediately looked up to the video and saw her staring at me.

I will be seeing you very soon.

A/N: Done!!! Hoped everyone enjoyed this part! I didn't proof read so sorry for any spelling errors you may have came across with. Thanks for reading!

Kayla