13

Teresa's POV

"Well look at that." I said turning to Tom. "Looks like your still important. "After everything you've done to us."
"What are you talking about?" He asked, tiredly.
"Don't act like you don't know Thomas." I said getting closer to him.

Our faces were just a couple inches away from each other's. I could feel his breath on my face as I stared at him, trying maintain serious.

"Your betrayal to WCKD killed me." I said honestly. "Thanks to your heroic act we had to start over and that made more people die out in the scorch."
"No." He said. "WCKD let's people die everyday Teresa. You're just to stubborn to see it."

I tilted my head to the side as he spoke, processing his words. On one hand he was right my goal to help everyone blinded me for so long but, on the other hand WCKD was all I knew.

"Mmm, great observation Thomas." I told him in a sarcastic tone. "Tie him up!" I ordered as I backed away from him. Ally and Cindy came up and tied him to a large stone.

"Alright everyone I'm going to scout the area just to make sure that Thomas' friends didn't decide to follow us. I'll be back soon."

I grabbed a gun and a canteen of water because I honestly didn't know how long I was going to be.

"Jo you're in charge until I get back okay?" I told her before leaving, in which she nodded in response.

I stepped out of the cave and walked as far as I could from the cave. I needed this time alone to think about what I was going to do or say next. Tom is never going to believe me after this, no matter what I tell him. Things are going to be different now and I just have to accept it.

"Teresa! Wait!"

I turned around with my gun pointed to towards the voice, my finger on the trigger ready to fire.

"Whoa it's me no one else." Kristina said with her hands in the air.
"What are you doing?" I asked her pointing the gun down. "I could have shot you."
"Sorry I just didn't feel comfortable leaving you out here by yourself."

I turned away from her and proceeded with my journey, trying to distance myself from her.

"God slow down Teresa." She said finally catching up to me.
"You don't need to be here." I stated. "I'm fine I just want to be alone."
"No chance sis. There are cranks out here and who knows what else, I'm not leaving."

I finely have a minute to myself to just think about everything that has happened. Everything regarding WCKD, Tom, and Jo. I sighed heavily trying to come up with something to say. I guess I'm not going to have a better chance to talk to her about this.

"Look I want to talk to you." I said turning to her.
"What about the bomb? I don't think we have to worry about it. It stopped blinking hours ago so I cut its wires."

I opened my mouth to stop her but she continued on.
"I think I'm out the range because I didn't blow up after I did it and I know that was a risk but this is just so heavy. Now I just don't know how to take it off-"

"Shut up Kristina and just listen to me!"

I couldn't take her rambling anymore I needed to talk to her and I guess this was the only way to get her attention. She stopped dead in her tracks, her color flushed from her face.

"What? H-how...wait...who."
"I heard you talking to Counselor Paige, before Thomas broke into the facility." I bit my lip as I sat down on the hot sand. "Look I want to talk about this, just so I can understand everything and I want you to know that, I'm not mad at you."

Kristina looked at me then slowly sat down next to me.
"It's a long story." She said not looking at me.
"I've got all day." I told her.

She looked at me for just a second before sighing.
"I didn't want to do it you know. I was placed undercover to see how things were in the scorch. Then when you guys came in I reported it."
"That's how they found us." I realized.
"Yeah I called it in. I even mentioned you. I told counselor Paige that some girl stared at me for along time. I thought I was being made or something but then she told me about your sister."

I paid even more attention now that Jo was being mentioned.
"She said that she always saw a resemblance and that I should use this opportunity to help out. She sent me a file about everything I needed to know about you and your sister. So every opportunity that I had I would look at the file and learned something new."

"I didn't want to at all. But then she kept telling me all the things that I could gain if I didi. So I guess I did it for selfish reasons. I wanted out of the place so bad that I didn't think about the consequences. Now everything that has happened to you is my fault. I ruined your whole life, your friendships I even ruined any chance that you and Thomas had. It's all my fault."

She buried her head in her hands and failed to hold in a sob. I moved over and put an arm around her. She jumped a bit to the sudden contact and looked up at me.

"How are you even near me right now?" She asked in disbelief. "Everything is my fault."
"I know. I know what you did...to me."
"How?" She asked, knowing that I was talking about the memory serum.
"My book. There was a page that was written a while ago and I had no memory of writing it and well let's just say it had all the answers."

"God I'm so sorry I wanted to tell you everything. It was all getting out of hand. I just wanted to come clean about everything, even if you didn't forgive me."
"Honestly, I'm kinda glad that you didn't."
"What?" She asked in a state of disbelief  again.

"I guess just seeing how you were after you told Counselor Paige everything made me look at you differently. Of course when I first heard everything you said I was angry but then it faded away when you still treated me as a sister. And I know you didn't know that I knew but I guess just seeing you care about me made me change how I saw you. Does that make any sense?"

"Yeah I guess in a way it does." She said wiping her eyes. "I still care about you, you are like a sister to me now and I just I wish I told you first before you found out."
"Well it's a bit late for that now and I'm glad you see me as your sister. Now that everything is cleared up I kinda see you as one too. But I have to ask, my sister? Jo is she?"

She shook her head slowly and right there I knew my answer.
"I'm sorry she died in a maze a couple years ago."

Jo was dead. I guess it didn't affect me that much because of all the years I had spent with out her. Now it seems like closure for me.

"I had a feeling. You know she was nothing like you. She was very rebellious, never listened and was loud. So loud but she cared a lot about everyone she wanted the human race to be saved."
"Is that why you were so loyal to WCKD?"

"I never thought about that but I guess in a way, yeah. She was my role model I loved her so much. I still do."
"I know I can tell." She chuckled.

I didn't notice at first but tears of my own started falling down my face as memories of Jo and I passed by.

"So now what?" Kristina asked.
"We just act normal like we have been. Jo and Teresa, sisters." I told her as I reached over and held her hand.

"OH MY GOD!" She screamed.
"What? What is it? Are you okay?" I asked her as I stood up.
"I can finally breath." She gasped then started laughing. "Do you know how hard it was for me to lie to you for so long?"
"Don't do that to me. You scared the crap out of me." I said putting a hand over my beating heart.

"We should get back." I told her shaking my head at her behavior.
"What are you going to do about Thomas?" She asked me as she stood up.
"I don't know. I guess I'm going to keep playing it out until I know I can tell him everything."
"Well whatever you do I got your back. Remember that. Alright?"
"I will thanks Kris."

She smiled at the nickname and walked alongside me to face everything the world had in store for us. What WCKD had I store for us.

A/N: I'm still alive people lol. Thank you for being patient with me you are all the best. I'll try updating more frequently now. I hoped you enjoyed.

Kayla