2

Thomas's POV

I ran towards the keypad and put in the code to open up the door. I turned around and looked at the camera. Big mistake, it was already activated. The blinking red light had my attention but I looked away when I ran out the opened door.

The small sand storm made me pull up my scarf to cover my mouth and nose. In the distance I see Newt, Brenda and Jorge waiting for me.
"I didn't think you were getting out." Brenda said as she hugged me.
"I'm just glad the codes that Vince had still work." Newt told us.
"Where's Bertha?" I asked Jorge.
"She's up ahead. I had to hide her incase WCKD agents were around." He said leading us to her.

We walked up to a small dune and just at the bottom of it was Bertha surrounding her were 5 cranks.
"Get down." Jorge whispered. We all laid down with our backs turned to the cranks. Jorge pulled out his pistol and started loading it up.

"Are you crazy?" I yelled-whispered at him. "You are going to attract all the cranks with one shot but you might even attracted WCKD. We aren't that far from them."
"Fine." He groaned. "Then what do you propose we do?"

I looked over at Newt and he immediately knew what I was thinking. He pulled out two machetes from his bag. He handed one to Brenda as I pulled out my machete.
"What do I use?" Jorge asked.
"Just use your the handle of your gun." Brenda told him.

Jorge let out a quite grumble as we got up and looked at the nearby cranks. Suddenly Newt ran ahead of us to the closest crank. We ran right behind him because the other cranks were running towards him. To my left Brenda, sliced an arm off of a crank. To my right Jorge was having the time of his life beating the klunk out of a crank. A female crank came running in front of me. I dodged her punch and stabbed her through her stomach.

Suddenly I heard the crank gasp and call out my name.
"Thomas." It rasped. I let go of the machete and looked at her. It was Teresa. She stretched out her hand to me as she fell down to the ground.
"Tom?" She asked again. A pool of blood surrounded her. Her eyes that were once a beautiful blue were now a dark grey.

I quickly shook my head and shut my eyes but when I opened them it was still Teresa.
"I'm so sorry but," My voice broke. "but you gave me no choice."
Suddenly Teresa got up and ran towards me. I backed up but a loud gunshot rang in the air and she fell to the ground before getting near me.

I looked away and when I looked back Teresa was now a crank. I finally realized that Jorge fired that shot and I glared at him.
"Jorge, thank you but are you insane?" I asked as I walked towards him. "WCKD is going to be here any minute now."
"We'll then hermano, we better get going." He said as jumped in the drivers seat.

I grabbed my machete out of the crank and ran towards Bertha. Brenda hopped in the passengers seat and I sat in the back with Newt. Jorge started the car and sped off towards camp.

"Tommy are you alright?" He asked me.
"I-I don't know." I admitted.
"What did you see Thomas?" Brenda asked.
"I saw Teresa." I sighed. Brenda's mouth opened realizing what I meant.
"What do you mean you saw her Tommy?" Newt asked with a concerned tone. 
"As soon as I stabbed the crank, it was her. Teresa was calling out to me and I..."
"And you what?" 
"I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would. I mean seeing her dying because of me I didn't feel as guilty as I should. Does this make me a bad person?"

"Of course not Thomas." Brenda told me. "What she did to you, to us, it's hard to forgive something like that. Your just not there, yet."
"But what if the time comes where I might have to-"
"Don't think like that Tommy." Newt assured me. "I know that deep down you do care and you do worry about things like that. It just been a hectic couple of weeks, you need to clear your mind."
"Yeah you're right."

"Hey where's the thing we came for Thomas?" Jorge asked.
"Oh right that's what we came for." I said as I dug through my bag and found what we had been looking for.
"I don't understand why we didn't bust out Minho while you where there." Brenda said.
"Well I didn't know where he was, plus that facility is huge so it might have taken me a while to find him." I told her.

I finally found the chip that we needed. I grabbed the device that was hidden under my seat. I plugged in the chip and on the screen popped up a login screen.

"How are we going to get passed that?" Newt asked.
"I think I can use Teresa's password." I told him.
"But what if she changed it?" Brenda told me.
"I highly doubt she would have change it. She's the kinda person that doesn't like change." I said realizing something.

Teresa doesn't like change, she sees things black and white. Could that be a reason why she did what she did? I snapped out of my thoughts and put in her username. Teresa Agnes A1. Then the password. T121215A.

"You got in." Newt said.
"Now we just have to look in the files..." I trailed off as I looked on the screen for WCKD's files. I managed to find one that had Minho's name and face on it. I clicked it and it opened up to show all the things that had happen to Minho. "They used his blood for a cure." I said surprised.

I looked at the most recent file that said Cure Trials and Testings on it. I clicked it but a small box appeared on the screen that said WCKD Level 17 Authorization Needed. From what I was guessing Teresa was not at level 17 otherwise it probably opened up automatically for me. I needed to be logged in as a higher ranking but I didn't know who else to log into.

"So I'm guessing they have a cure?" Newt asked.
"Yeah I guess so," I sighed. "I mean it seems like it. We are going to have to look into that when we go get Minho tomorrow."
"Let's just hope for the best, hermano" Jorge said as he pulled into the Red Arms new camp. I pulled out the chip and grabbed the device.

We all got out of the car and just a couple of feet from us was Vince and Giselle. Vince came walking towards us but Giselle came running to Newt. She wrapped her arms around him in a tight hug. Then she punched him in the arm.

"You didn't tell me you were leaving, slinthead." She said in angry tone. Newt obviously looking shocked held his arm and looked at us.
"I thought you told her." He told us.
"You didn't tell us anything." Brenda said walking passed him.

We all walked behind her leaving newt an Giselle alone.
"So you are all alive." Vince chuckled.
"Yeah and we got something that you'll want to see." I told him as I took out the chip.