*Chapter Twenty One*

[It's been like TWO MONTHS, I know, BUT HERE WE ARE!

THE TWENTY FIRST CHAPTER OF THIS FAN FICTION

YAYAYAYAYAYAAAAA

As the writer of this story, I know one thing about this chapter; it's definitely NOT one of my good chapters. I tried putting imagery in this, I tried putting A LOTTA good things in this...

And it just didn't work out, THANKS WRITER'S BLOCK -_-'

Well, anyways, nonetheless, I hope you enjoy this chapter (as much as you can, anyways) This chapter will DEFINITELY be under construction after I tie up loose ends in this book. After I finish up My Little Bird, I'll be editing the chapters I don't feel like I did a good job on ^^' I'll be putting astericks in the chapters that I will be editing, so don't mind that little thing~

After THAT, I'll be working on another fanfiction, which I hope all you Kiba fans will read ^^

As always, thanks for reading!

-Rei-chan]

~~

What must it be like to have nothing, not even memories to go back to in the middle of the night?

It had been two days since Neji and the group infiltrated the Academy. It seemed as if they didn't even have security; they relied only on their training to defend themselves. Those who were not strong enough to live were killed off. Survival of the fittest.

They tried tracking Kira down in many ways. They thought about asking, but that would prove too suspicious for newcomers. They thought of Neji's Byakugan, and for some strange reason, there were multiple rooms underground that could not be punctured even by his gaze. They wanted to try interrogating, but Neji doubted that they were strong enough to take on even one student, knowing with his experience in fighting Kira at their last meeting. And...it still broke his heart, ever more.

The Hyuga could not stand the sight of Sasuke subconsciously giving him a disappointed look. The cold gaze slipping away from his black eyes into a look of regret and dismay, something that even made the Hyuga feel the biting sensation of guilt and depression. Maybe for not being fast enough, for not apologizing when he had the chance. Maybe for not accepting her as she was, even if she tried to kill him. Which was silly, really. If it wasn't Kira trying to kill him, then he would have finished her off like any other opponent, then report it back to the Hokage. He could not be blamed for the betrayal he felt, but maybe...just maybe...if he could have decided just a bit faster. If he didn't question her dedication to him, her love and honesty. Then maybe, he could have reached her in time to protect her, to hide her away where it was just the two of them, the knight and his princess.

Her guardian.

His prize.

"Neji, something's up." Sasuke, behind him, spoke up and shifted from his position leaning against the wall.

"What's wrong?" He uncrossed his arms, becoming more aware of the multitude of people around him. From the classrooms, students came pouring into the hall like streams into a river.

With a slight pause, Sasuke tapped a passing student's shoulder, asking the simple question, and looking back towards Neji. "They're going to the Academy's battle arena. Apparently they're observing some punishment to raise school spirit."

"So these students, they're raised on blood and gore?" Neji said, in a quiet voice. These students...They were trained to be...monsters.

"We can't do much for them now, Neji..." Tenten tugged on his sleeve gently. She smiled brightly,more as bright as she could in their situation. "After we get her back, Konoha will fix everything here. We have to remember our main objective, right?"