Chapter Twenty

[Damn, I'm so proud for pushing out this chapter in a mere two days~!! ^^ Anyways, so this is basically a few days after Neji and the rescue team leave Konoha to find Kira. This is in Kira's point of view.

As always, I tried to write it a little short? Because I know that if it's too long, people won't read it ^^' And that's alright!

Also, for every update until January 2nd, I'll be reminding and encouraging you guys to vote for My Little Bird for the Naruto Wattys!

-Go to NarutoWattys and click on their book titled Winter Naruto Wattys, 2015 (the one with Rock Lee on it :3)

-Click on the Love Story chapter of their book

-Comment your vote about My Little Bird! ^^

Simple and easy~ I really hope we place this year! ^^ Also! You may only vote for this book ONCE, so don't vote twice~

Thanks to ChoclChip and CrazyAboutEm for voting on this story! ^^

As always, thanks for reading! I'll try to publish chapters more consistently this time, though it seems it'll come out. about...maybe every week, if not, sooner! :3

See ya! I hope you enjoy this chapter~

-Rei-chan]

~~

It's been a week.

"Fight, you damn bitch!" Drunk rich men yelled from the stands, high above her. The arena was filled with shouts, booing, cheering, chanting, so loud that she did not believe her thoughts were her own. Her body was numb, partly from the multiple wounds her body had endured, and partly because she wasn't even sure she was sane.

"Tear her up, eat her bones!"

Kira's body had once been her pride and joy; a machine built out of sinew and muscle. Able to dodge from one place to another faster than a hummingbird could beat its wings. The strongest thing she owned. And now, that same body was weak, barely able to stand. A long gash, infected probably, ran from her shoulder to her waist, bloody and crusted with dirt and debris. Blood had long soaked into her white straightjacket, the buckles that kept her arms together now being used to hold the flesh of her arms together, which also had a deep tear in it. Her skin was scratched and bruised with dirt, smudges on every part of her exposed body. Her dark hair was matted down, with tangles and knots reducing its length by half.

In short, Kira looked like she went through an apocalypse and back.

Her eyes, once so observant and knowledgeful, refused to focus on her opponent, which were random wild and rabid animals that the Headmaster had thrown into the death pit with her. They usually had satchels attached to their sides, little morsels of food, maybe a blunt kunai knife or glass shard, that Kira had to fight to get. A fight to the death. Occasionally, she would have to face a challenger, a human who wanted to kill her. It was currently...a black and brown smudge in front of her, bent over and snarling. Armed with nothing but her hands, her wobbly legs continued to back up, until she hit a wall.

The wild thing crouched into a death pounce, ready to tear her face off. It's jaws were riddled with sharp fangs, foaming and clearly pissed. Broken glass laid on the side of her, the remnants of her last weapon.

Maybe it was a little shard of her conscious, or maybe it was her last desperate cling to her sanity, but something told her hands to throw these glass pieces into it's face, into it's eyes. And without a second thought, she did. Glass cut deep into her hands, smearing the dirt with fresh blood as she threw the handful in it's face. The animal howled with pain, momentarily blinded, and Kira took this opportunity to kick it hard in the chest, sending it sprawling and lying on the ground.