Chapter Two

Kira widened her eyes. "Y-you want me to kill..these kids?"

"In short, but that sounds so harsh. They're...teens, if you will. Obnoxious teens. And no one likes them, that's why a certain someone called in a request for them to be killed. I know you can handle this, Kira, you've always been one of my top students. You could certainly handle a small mission like this? It is for an important client after all, and what we promise, we deliver~" the Headmaster said with a voice full of authority and seeming understanding.

"...Y-yes, Headmaster. I will attend to this right away. How many hours do I have until I am to leave?" Kira said stoically, nervous. KIlling a young girl and her cousin? But she shook her head. There must be a logical reason behind this, the Headmaster always had reasoning by his side. He did things for the benefit of humanity, and for them. She held her shoulder up, filling her head with possibilities.

"You have three hours, starting now. In your room, I've left you a picture of your disguise. You're close to mastering genjutsu, so use that to your advantage. We've also supplied you with weapons, two I think you'll find very pleasing, and you get to keep them. In case you are killed, of course, and for a thank-you gift." The Headmaster had anticipated her backing out, and just in case she did, he had tempted her with brand-new weapons, for such an easy task.

"Weapons? Oh, Headmaster, thank you. I don't really need them, really, your generosity is too much..." Kira laughed nervously, reciting the phrases for a formal rejection. Anything less would be insulting, let alone taking them blindly, and could be punishable. The students were very loyal to their Headmaster, and they would defend him unconditionally. Of course, though if the Headmaster insisted, there was no use of arguing against him.

"Nonsense. I specifically ordered them hand crafted for someone of your stature, abilities, and strength. Such a gift would go to waste if you reject it." The Headmaster smiled, going along with it. "They are made by something like the Elven hands of the Five Villages, only the finest metals could be used for this specific weapon, paired along with the toughest wood as a scabbard, polished finely."

"Yes, of course. Thank you for the fine weaponry, I'll keep it close to me at all times." Kira bowed deeply, pulling off her modest act quite well. Underneath his gaze, she was nothing more than a loyal pet, just like she was raised to be. He only raised the finest, and she definitely was one of his finer products.

"Very well. You are dismissed." Kira heard his words clear, and bowed out of the room. As soon as the doors slammed closed behind her, she sighed, releasing all the modesty and everything she had faked in front of him. Kira silently walked down the halls, passing other students as they headed towards their classes. Little bits and pieces of gossip floated around, girls giggling, and boys listening to their little toys and games. Kira enjoyed the noise, and if she closed her eyes, she could imagine that it was like any other day, any other school. She could imagine that no, she wasn't sent to kill someone, she was just reading a book about that someone. She could imagine that she was just another teenage girl trying to survive through puberty, and have better things to worry about than whether she could kill. No, she could worry about her nails, her hair, her grades even. But as soon as Kira had opened her eyes, the fantasy couldn't last.

"Ki-ra!!" Another familiar voice spoke out louder than the crowd around her. Kira turned around, waiting for Kai. She could recognize that voice anywhere, and there wasn't anyone else she would have wanted to hear. "I heard you got somethin' like a promotion in the Headmaster's office today!" He beamed. Kira had always admired Kai's ability to look on the positive side, always expect the best in people. She just wished that the massacre hadn't taken that away from her.

"Promotion? Yea, sure, something like that." Kira laughed dryly. "If you consider an outside mission to be a promotion that is." Outside missions were missions that required you to do 'eliminating', eliminating people that is.