Chapter Six

Kimiko made her way down the darkened halls. There were many rows of doors lining her sides, all closed. The smell of blood never fully washed off from the wooden planks, and Kimiko could see a smidge of dried blood here and there. Soon, she passed by an opened room; which she assumed to be her room. Inside was a simple white futon, a little wooden vanity, and a small drawer. On one side of the wall, the farthest side, was a simple papered wall, traditional, and an opened sliding paper door framed with dark wood. It was nice that there wasn't much in the room, but she had nearly no privacy here. All the walls were literally paper thin, and Sasuke was just across the hall, a few steps away from the door.

"Might as well..." She mumbled, emptying the contents of her little bag on the floor. She categorized her weapons, scrolls, and combat gear in one pile, then personal belongings in the other. The little red box that contained her precious withered flower ring dropped on her small pile of clothes. Kimiko frowned, she completely forgot about the ring.

She spent the rest of the hour folding her clothes, tossing them in the drawer, and finally put the red box on the top of the drawer. As for her two katanas, she polished them. Sasuke called her down for dinner, and opened the door with an annoyed look on his face.

"Kimiko. What's taking so long?" It was like there was a permanent scowl on his face. "And...where did you get those katanas?"

"T-This??" Kimiko coughed out, suddenly feeling as if she needed to hide the beautiful black blades. "Eheh, you see, it was a gift. From my mom."

"I thought your mom was a musician. And your dad was a baker." Sasuke simply leaned against the doorway, arms crossed on his chest as he leaned back with that smirk. The kind of smirk that could make girls squeal with delight. But it was the kind of smirk Kimiko only knew as a victory smirk; the one he used everytime he beated her in a childish game.

"Is there a problem with having them? Common people have weapons too!" Kimiko flustered out, turning defensive. "Is it a crime, Sasuke Uchiha??"

"W-What?! You know that was not what I meant!" Sasuke was quite taken aback. He thought he had her cornered.

"I know it was exactly what you meant, Uchiha! Jeez, and I thought you were one of the better Genins, who didn't put ninjas before the common folk..." Kimiko played along, scoffing and holding her katanas close to her.
"You know that's not what I meant, Kimiko. Anyways, dinner's ready. Get down before it gets cold." Sasuke quickly dropped the matter, and so did his pitch. He glared at Kimiko suspiciously one last time before he dismissed himself.

Kimiko had waited two extra minutes in order to safely let out her exhale. She hadn't realized that she was holding her breath throughout the whole thing. Tucking Blood Dragon safely into its silky bed, she silently crept towards the main house and into the kitchen, where Sasuke had politely waited for her before taking a bite.

"Took you long enough." He growled. For a second, she wasn't sure if it was him, or his stomach.

"I really didn't expect you to...wait." She said, a bit confused. "Thanks. You know, you're much nicer than you look." Kimiko said happily. Then she plopped down in the seat next to Sasuke. He, too, was surprised.

"Out of all the seats. Really, Kimiko?" Sasuke frowned once more. The Uchiha clan used to be a large one, so their dining table was quite wide and long.

"I thought it would be much less lonely for the both of us if I could actually see your face than sitting all the way down the table." Kimiko said simply, digging into her noodles like he did.

Sasuke paused, for a second, and resumed as if nothing happened. "I'm used to it."

"I'm not."

He frowned. "You should be, wimp."