Chapter Twelve

((Hey! Rei-chan here!

Whoa, I'm surprised how many votes we got so far! ^^ 130? I know to other authors, it's not that much, but to me that's a shitload! Thanks for voting on the chapters, it's always nice to see you guys like it! ^^

Also, important. Updates on My Little Bird will no longer be on my message board, but it will be in this little book I titled >>Announcements<<. So if you want to keep up to date with this story, I recommend you take a look at that book as well! ^^ It's nothing too much.

Also, if anyone wants to make a new cover for this story, please go ahead and send it to me ^^ I feel like I should make a new cover, but until then, I'll be using this original one~! ^^ Thanks to Mara Senju again!

As always, thanks for reading~!

-Rei-chan))

~~

Kimiko and Neji began making it a routine to meet up every morning, going out to train, talk to the others during the afternoon, and heading back on over to either the Uchiha compound or the Hyuga compound. Most of the time, it was to Sasuke's place since Neji hated being in the presence of Lord Hiashi and other main branch members.

It had already been a solid four months since Kimiko arrived. Four months since Kira became this brunette, four months since she had last seen her brother. Four months since she even thought about the Academy for Gifted Children, and of murdering her friends.

Over the weeks, Kira had warmed up quite well to Hinata, and vice versa. They were close enough so that Hinata could laugh freely with her, talk without stuttering, and make light jokes here and there. But still, there was something about the way Hinata looked at her, acceptance, but something else. Something that said she knew everything behind her little facade, and still loved her anyways.

It haunted her everyday.

Kimiko hated it when Hinata would look at her like that. Thinking about the night that she would eventually have to murder her in cold blood, it made her regret trying to get as close to the Hyuga girl as close as she had. She would take it all back if she could, shove everything that the Academy told her into the back of her mind and try to turn Kira back into Kimiko...

A yell from downstairs knocked her thoughts from her head, and she lazily opened her eyes. Kira's indigo slits surveyed the room, and settled in the door. In a second, Sasuke would open that sliding door up and tell her how late she will be for training with Gai Sensei. Then he'd look at her, sprawled out on her low rising bed (an improvement from the futon she had slept on the first few weeks she got there), and scoff. Sasuke would walk down the stairs, talking crazily to himself that the next time she woke up late, Kira would have to sleep outside. Strange enough, though, there was no quick footsteps running up the halls to yell at her to wake up, only the soft padding of Sasuke's feet against the cold wooden panels. Suspicious of his actions as he slid open the screen doors, Kira sat up slowly, and waited for him to speak.

"...There's someone waiting for you." Sasuke casted her a narrowed eyed look, much more serious and tightened up than he usually was in mornings. "You should...hurry up and go down. He's waiting in the courtyard." With his back turned slightly, he slowly closed the door, footsteps quickly receding. Sasuke certainly didn't want this...stranger, whoever he is, to wander around the compound unaccompanied.

When the Uchiha first opened the door, sleepy-eyed and quite irritable, he assumed it to be Neji and Tenten, coming around early to stay for some ten minutes. Instead, a tall, lanky male approached him with a cheeky smile stood right in front of him, nearly nose to nose. This sent Sasuke flinching a step back, feeling buzzed and a slight pump of adrenaline rushing through his veins. Clearly, it's been some time since this Uchiha's been scared by anyone. This man, whoever he was, wore a sort of tattered but reliable black hood that stretched down his back and stopped at his calves. The hood was pulled up to his head, but stopped at his forehead, letting in just enough light so that Sasuke could see his face. Black, taunting eyes stared back at him, teasing, testing him. Hair as dark as coal streaked down his shoulder, tied up in a ponytail. It laid on his chest, feathery and soft as it twitched with the slightest breath. His facial features were sharp enough to cut the butter thick silence between them.