Thanksgiving Special!! (One-Shot)

[Hey! This is a Thanksgiving special~ A Neji Hyuga one-shot >:3. Yes, Kira's in it and it doesn't really pertain much to the story, but I thought it was fun~

Enjoy! I typed this up in like an hour :3 I hope it's good!

-Rei-chan]

~~

Quiet. The forest was completely quiet, save for the soft wind and chirping of the birds. Two people crept through the forest of golden leaves, little bits of yellow and orange peppering the forest floor. The ground was dusted in the sun's light honey rays. Perfection, bliss.

Except for the man that is. He had yet to reach his goal.

The young man stood on the tops of the trees, a sharp kunai knife in hand. His byakugan scanned the ground for any signs of life, or any tracks of large birds that went 'gobble-gobble'. Slowly, but steadily, he began following the trail of the large flock of gobble gobble birds...until he finally found what he was looking for.

A bright golden ray of sunshine beamed down to frame the giant beastly bird that sat right below Neji Hyuga, a silver necklace laced on it's beak and neck. Neji glared down at the boy in complete disgust and rage. This bird, this vile beast of cuteness and meat, had completely blindsided his date and robbed her of that prized necklace...

Flashback

"Aw, don't you love autumn Neji~?" Kira giggled lightly, as she sat down on the plaid colored blanket. This was just one of their many dates, but this time, Neji had a surprise in store.

"Yes, but it's just a little...cold. As if someone is trying to gnaw my toes off..." Holding the stereotypical picnic basket in hand, he laid next to his lovely date. His hand laid comfortably on hers, and just to make her smile again, he kissed it. "Isn't Thanksgiving coming up?"

As predicted, the young shinobi blushed a light dusty pink and turned her head away from him with a shy laugh. "I know, but everyone's so excited for Christmas, or Hannukah, or other winter holidays that they don't really appreciate turkeys or anything else in the fall..." Kira sighed, a light sigh that could have been mistaken for a baby's first breath, or the soft airy caress of an angel..

Or, you know, that could have just been the young Hyuga fantasizing again. It comes and goes.

"Turkeys? There are quite a few of those big birds over here..." He mumbled, and sat up slowly, scooting closer to Kira, Neji wrapped his arms around her shoulder and turned her slightly to the right. "There."

She gasped. Right next to the blanket was a giant turkey, beautifully big and glorious. Like an innocent little (big, I mean) thing, it waddled it's way over on the blanket and allowed Kira to caress it's little head. Her eyes were wide, and there was a big smile on her face. One Neji never wanted to see disappear...

"Oh my~ He's so cute~!" Kira gasped once more, and as it came closer, she felt its soft feathers. Her other hand clung tightly to Neji's arm, which remained warmly wrapped on her shoulders.

But Neji, oh-so observant Neji, realized that something was amiss. He could tell, by the suspicious look in its eyes. "Kira, be careful-"

But it was too late!

The turkey, in a flash, pulled Kira's necklace away from her, breaking the single silver strand that held onto the charm. In a flurry of feathers and yelps, Neji and Kira together (two trained Jonin by now, mind you) could not pin down the turkey without letting it nearly eat the necklace. The beautiful bastard flaunted, but quickly flaunted, its way back into the trees, leaving a blaze of fluff and feathers in its wake.

"Neji! T-That was the necklace that Kai gave me for my fifteenth birthday!" Kira gasped, her face going pale. Tears slipped from the edge of her purple eyes. Memories began flooding back-

(SPOILERS BLARED OUT FOR THE SAKE OF THE ACTUAL FANFICTION)

Neji felt terrible. He should have known that devious little mo-fucka was gonna do something to his beloved. "Don't worry, Kira. I'll get it back. Today, in fact! That damn turkey will pay..."

~~

What a scoundrel.

The gobble-gobble's flock was beginning to move, yet this giant...scumbag remained, under him, as if challenging him to a fight.

Challenge accepted.

Kunai knives rained from the air, scaring the flock away but cornering the giant beast between the densely packed trees and sharp dead bushes. It was just Neji and the turkey.

"Well, we finally meet again. Remember me, from this morning? Remember that girl you stole from, you thieving bag of guts?" Neji said in a dark voice, his byakugan narrowed in a sharp glare.

I d-don't know what you're talking about! The turkey's eyes read (well, at least that's what Neji thought). Obviously, the Hyuga could see that fake, innocent facade that scumbag was using.

"That trick might have fooled Kira, but it won't get you passed me." Neji growled, and with a flick of his wrist, a kunai knife had dug itself right on front of the turkey. "Now, hand over the necklace."

Over my dead body! This necklace got me laid, BEYACH! The turkey reared it's talons, feathers raining once more from it's body as it threw a little hissy fit.

"Then so be it." Neji said reluctantly, and with a sigh, he removed his leaf shinobi headband, gently discarding it to the side. The Hyuga was normally a peaceful man, always willing to talk before a fistfight. But things were getting desperate. The day was ending, the moon was beaming, and there was no time to talk. He had promised his lady a necklace by the day's end, and Neji Hyuga always delivers.

SHAZAM!

The fight began. Feathered arrows were immediately embedded into the dry bark behind him, but Neji quickly dodged those weak attacks. The turkey, hoping to blind Neji with his feathers, charged at the Hyuga's blind side!

"Joke's on you, gobble. I don't have a blind side!" Neji laughed dryly almost manically, as he smirked. "Eight Trigrams Rotating Heaven!"

Ad just like that, the turkey's life ended. But, as much as Neji hated to admit to the assaulter of his lady, he had a little respect for this fool. "At least you didn't die a virgin...."

~~

"Whoa, Neji! I didn't think you would actually go out and hunt down that turkey for me!" Kira said happily, her arms lovingly hugging Neji's waist and her face buried in his chest. His strong arms wrapped around her body as well, embracing her tightly.

"I don't break promises, Kira." Neji chuckled lightly. A freshly cooked turkey laid on the table, Naruto and company already feasting on the legs and the meat. The couple had pulled off to the side of the room so that Neji could return the ring necklace without it seeming like he was going to propose.

"Thanks for going through all this trouble for me, Neji-kun~" Kira whispered, looking up at him once more and pecking his lips. A soft, sweet and subtle gesture to show her gratitude that only lasted for a moment. He wished it lasted forever...

"I'd do anything for you..." Neji pecked her cheek in return, and heard a shout.

"Hey!" Naruto loudly whispered, well...it was more like a shout to everyone on the table. "I think they're getting married! NEJI DID YOU PROPOSE-"

Neji's shoe flew towards his head, conking him with a satisfying smack. He glared, a little embarrassed shown by a deep red blush to his cheeks. "Naruto! Of course not! Why would you even think we were getting married, dammit, I'm not that kind of man!"

Behind him, Kira giggled. Her arms were crossed over her chest, and a little sparkle shown behind her eyes. "I love you guys..."

"And I love you too~"