"did she say yes?" he asked, intrigued. she smiled at him, then nodded.

"yeah. they kissed and disappeared. the thing is, all these scenes that i see are so cliché and cheesy most of the time, but... it still puts a smile on my face."

"they sound really cheesy." he chuckled and traced a finger in circles against the table. "but cute."

"yeah? so what kind of guy are you?" she asked and leaned forward again.

"a great one." he playfully winked, and she stupidly rolled her eyes. "no, i don't know. i'd definitely take you on a date first, one where we have the chance to actually hang out. but if it gets awkward, there's something else to do, or to watch. i'm the kind of guy who'd still try to win your heart while we're together."

cassie stared at him with her intense eyes. he hated that look, because it seemed like she got the answer she wanted. and he absolutely hated the little smile she pulled off once he finished; it made him want to kiss her.

she inhaled a deep breath and looked down instead, pressing her lips together for a short while. she actually wanted for him to keep talking, but he remained quiet.

"that sounds nice. how many have you taken out?"

"do you want the truth?"

"always, matt. don't bother telling me something if it's a lie." she scrunched up her nose with a smile and then tilted her head to the side.

"one girl." he proclaimed, causing her eyes to slightly widen. "i've only properly been with one girl. mostly because of school and football, but since people believe i sleep around after that time i made out with a girl at a party, no one takes me seriously. i hate it."

"sorry." she mumbled and gave him a sympathetic look. "i know you don't do that. i guess being roommate with your sister for three years gives me some sort of advantage. how did that date go?"

"well, i hope alex doesn't say bad things about me. and that first date was absolutely horrible." he snickered and pressed his lips together in shame almost.

"what? why?"

"first of all, i drove the wrong way, so i picked her up late. then i spilled my drink all over her, and everything was just wrong."

cassie laughed and buried her face against her arms. she shook her head and gazed back at him, a glimmer in her eyes.

"so what happened after that?" she continued asking, smiling since she found the topic amusing.

"she agreed to go on another one, and then i asked her to be my girlfriend. she said yes." he smiled and licked his lips.

"what happened?" she said carefully, frowning a bit.

"she had to move. we talked and decided to just break up, knowing it'd be easier. she's nice, and thankfully i don't miss her like that anymore. i just see her as an old friend now."

"oh." she exhaled and slightly puckered with her lips. "sorry to hear that."

"don't be. i'm not." he shrugged and rested his chin against his folded arms again. "i'm kind of enjoying being her friend more than her boyfriend, you know."