Ch .13.

Her chest tightened, breath shallow and rapid, Alex ran and ran until she was a few blocks away from Asha's loft. The redhead was surely kidding when she admitted she was a vampire, right?

Vampires don't exist, right?

Alex knew she was panicking but she couldn't do anything to stop it. The blonde human just kept on running as if the farther she was away from the so-called vampire, the better chances she had at forgetting what had just occurred. Yet, somewhere deep within the human, she knew it was all true.

After a while, Alexandra hailed a cab and headed home. Her heart was beating a thousand thumps per second, eyes wide on confusion. Even her driver noticed her terrified expression and asked her if someone was after her.

Once she was home, she couldn't strip fast enough. Her hair, her clothes, even her skin smelled like Asha's perfume. Beautiful, funny, Vampire Asha, even the thought sent a chill down her spine.

The person she was starting to fall for, turned out to be the exact same monster that had all but drained her dry not three months ago

The person she was starting to fall for, turned out to be the exact same monster that had all but drained her dry not three months ago. But Asha had saved her, nurtured her, healed her...

How was it possible to love someone so much and abhor the idea of them at the same time?
The blonde barista was driving herself mad with all these questions.

On one hand Asha had saved her, kept her company, made her laugh and let her drive her precious car. If she had wanted to kill her, the vampire would have done it weeks ago! So why keep her around?

On the other hand, every bit of folklore the blonde had studied during her college years told her vampires are never to be trusted. That they are manipulative, conniving and untrustworthy creatures.

Then again, it was only folklore...things people told their kids to make them behave, like to boogey man.

Alexandra sighed, making her rounds around the house, locking every hatch and door then making her way towards the living room and curling up on the couch, with the TV muted on some random Drama show.

The minutes blurred together while Alex sat unblinking, her thoughts were a million miles away. Memories of the past three months flashed in her mind.

How Asha had been there for her, countless sleepless nights Asha had stayed up with Alex because she was too afraid to fall asleep.

Nights when the nightmares woke the blonde in a sobbing heap and Asha was there to wipe away her tears tenderly and whisper soothing words into her ear. The innumerable times when the vampire had held the human close, rocked her to sleep, and the nightmares never came.

A tear rolled down the blonde's cheek as she thought of how hurt Asha might be, Alexandra had all but demanded the truth and Asha willingly gave it. She shouldn't have reacted this badly, she shouldn't have stormed off like that but she couldn't help it.

The thought of Asha being the same species as that monster terrified her. She knew deep down that the redhead was nothing like him but she couldn't help it. The bad dreams made it even more impossible for her to grasp the idea.

In a way, once Asha told Her, it all made sense. The dreams, the bruising bite mark, the mindsplitting headaches... All of it made sense now.

All of it was better when Asha was around. When her redhead was around, Gabriel didn't scare her, she didn't see him around every corner nor in every face. His cruel eyes didn't haunt her every waking moment. All she saw was Asha's kind kryptonite eyes and her warm smile, and the cutest dimples Alex had ever seen.

Alexandra's mind ran rampant with thoughts of the redhead, sleep began to creep under her eyelids and soon she was fast asleep.

Though the pleasant memories of Asha lulled her into slumber, the familiar tendrils of dread began to wrap around Alexandra.

It was always the same dream, Gabriel pinning her to the wall in a darkened hallway at Club V, his teeth piercing into her skin and Her blood flowing into him. Subconsciously, beneath the panic and the fear, Alex knew how this nightmare would end, Asha would swoop in like the cavalry and save her and the blonde would wake up in a panting mess. But things didn't go like they usually did this time around. Yes Asha had shown up, but it wasn't her Asha. This one had the merciless smile of a psychopath etched on her face, eyes cold and emotionless as she sank her fangs into the other side of the blonde's neck.

Pain immediately overwhelmed her, jolting her awake, writhing in agony on the hardwood floor.

Alexandra gripped her neck tightly but it did nothing to lessen the pain. Darkness was creeping into the periphery of her vision and the human knew she would pass out in a few seconds. She flailed her arms helplessly trying to crawl her way towards the door.

Her efforts were futile, only knocking over a pile of books. The clatter of something metallic caught the last bit of attention she could muster and with every bit of strength she had left, she reached for the phone. She pressed the speed dial long enough for the phone to connect before Her strength failed her and she fell prey to darkness.

 She pressed the speed dial long enough for the phone to connect before Her strength failed her and she fell prey to darkness

Asha sat at her desk, head hurried in her arms, she hadn't been able to stop thinking about Alex. The way the blonde looked at her was enough to make Asha crumble.

She let our a heavy sigh, her bloody years streaking along her cheeks. The hurt she saw in the blonde human's eyes was enough to shatter her from within. If only Alexandra had let her explain...

Her thoughts were interupted by the door opening then clicking shut yet she didn't raise her head to know who it was.

"Jade...Ishtar"

Asha sighed, this was going to be one long afternoon...

(internet is back up so I'm updating this chapter And posting a part two in a few hours. Sorry for the delay guys )