We Can Work With This

I know I'm supposed to make a Dylan one next but I had this idea and went with it. A Dylan one will be after this! Comment if you want more!

Y/N POV

The room was cold. All I could hear was the heart monitor and the sound of both of us breathing, one of us was breathing through a tube. I was laying on the hard hospital bed snuggling next to someone that couldn't hold me back.

It was Stiles. He never wanted this to happen. I never wanted this to happen.

He was bit. By a werewolf, obviously... But that wasn't the scary part. He didn't change into a werewolf, he lost a lot of blood and he can't breathe on his own.

Why him? It should've been me that got bit. Peter Hale came back to town and he attacked me. Stiles saved me. It should've been me.

*flashback*

"Can you believe it?" Stiles asked me. We were sitting in the back of his Jeep at the Beacon Hills reserve. We both had our caps and gowns on. "We are actually graduating." We both laughed. 

"Are you ready?" I asked him sitting up, getting one last, good look at the town Stiles and I would be leaving together after graduation. We both planned on attending the University of Southern California next fall.

"As long as I'm with you," he said taking my hand and smiling at me.

"Aww," we heard a deep, sarcastic voice say. "How sweet?" It was Peter Hale.

"How did you - ?" Stiles stuttered. "I know," Peter responded. "Miracle isn't it?" He took a step forward as we took a step back. This is what Stiles was afraid of, a strong werewolf coming and him not being able to protect me. He didn't have super strength or hearing.

"Don't be afraid," Peter said as he watched us back away slowly. "What do you want?" Stiles asked, his voice firm. "I want the girl,"Peter said pointing to me.

Stiles laughed. "Never." 

Then Peter laughed. "She needs to be a part of my pack."

"Are you serious?" Stiles asked putting his arm in front of me as protection without letting go of my hand. "Yes," Peter said walking around us but getting closer to us at the same time. "I am being serious." Stiles gave him a look and Peter chuckled to himself.

"We aren't scared of you," I told him, my voice cracking in the middle of the sentence. "I know you aren't," Peter said grinning from ear to ear. "That's why I need you in my pack."

"I'll never go with you," I tell him, trying my best to sound strong. "I know that as well," he said. "But what makes you think that's gonna stop me?"

He lunged forward, fangs out coming straight for my shoulder. Stiles pushes me against the hood of the car and steps in front of me, Peter biting his arm instead of mine.

Why would he do that? Did he actually get bit for me? Something he never planned on doing?

"Stiles!" I screamed as he fell to the ground. "No!"

"That'll work too I guess," Peter said. We heard a car pulling into the reserve and Peter turned around to leave. Why would he go so quickly? He must not have his strength. 

"No!" I screamed at him. "You can't do this!" I was on the ground with Stiles' head on my lap, my tears falling onto his face.

"Sweetheart," Peter said turning around for a second. "It's already been done."

I was screaming. I was crying. He didn't want this, he didn't deserve this. He had lived through all of this supernatural crap without getting bit but he ruins his chances of living a normal life out of high school by jumping in front of a werewolf, for me.

The car that has pulled into the reserve was Sheriff Stilinski's. He saw Stiles and I and ran back to his car calling an ambulance. When one finally got there, I never let go of his hand.

When we arrived at the hospital the nurses had to pry my hands off of him so he could go into surgery.

He had his whole life ahead of him. He was smart and witty and he was going to a good school. He still didn't know what he wanted his career to be but I know he is going to be a detective. I just feel it. But he had literally everything going for him, and I came into the picture and ruined it all.

*end of flashback*

I was sleeping next to Stiles on the hospital bed when I heard the heart monitor rise in speed. It wasn't just going fast. It was going extremely fast. I didn't even think it was possible for a heart to be this fast. 

"Stiles?" I asked even though I knew he couldn't answer me. "No," I said under my breath. "Nurse!" I screamed. "We need a nurse! Melissa!" I reached over to the other side of the bed and pushed the button to summon the nurse. 

What is going on?

"Y/N, get out of here," Scott says as he walks in with his mom. "No!" I scream which startles both of them.  "I'm not leaving here until you tell me what's going on!" I scream as tears stream from my eyes. "What is wrong with my son?" Sheriff asks as he walks in.

Melissa gives Scott a look and shakes her head. He then takes a breath and looks at me. "He's changing," he said. "into a werewolf. We don't know how strong he is going to be when he wakes up. YOu have to get out of here, so he doesn't hurt you." 

No. This isn't happening. I mean, he is going to be able to breath on his own and hug me and hold me in his arms again but not like he used to. He is going to be different, that is if he even wants me aft4er he changes. I am a useless human and I'm also the reason that he got bit, the reason we all missed graduation. He is going to be a strong werewolf. He isn't going to want me dragging him down. 

The room was silent other than the sound of the monitor. Sheriff walked out of the room wiping his eyes. He didn't want us to see him cry. "This is all my fault," I manage to mumble under all the tears. Scott being a werewolf heard what I mumbled and walked over to me as his mom began taking out the breathing tube. "This is not your fault," he says grabbing my arms. "This is Peter's fault." He turns back to see Melissa trying to get the breathing tube out so he could breath on his own. "But it's my fault that Peter is even here in the first. I caused all this to happen. He never wanted this. He never wanted any of this. "

"If you think that," Melissa said. "then  maybe you should talk to him about it." She grabbed Scott's arm and pulled him out of the room to give Stiles and I some time to talk.  

"Stiles?" I asked, the words barely coming out of my mouth. I walked over next to him and sat down in the chair that was next to his head. He turned his head and looked at me with his eyes. No, not the chocolate brown ones that I loved, but bright blue ones that I would learn to love. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment if you want a part two!!!! Thanks to everyone that is reading, voting and commenting. Y'all are cool. :)

xx,

Claire