Forty-One: Lies

"You killed them." I said to Gabriel. "You killed all of them!"

"I...I was scared." He claims, looking at all of us.

"We're all scared!" I yell, not caring about the walkers. "You killed everyone!" I look at the cowering man and say, "I hope you burn."

"Andie." Sophia says, grabbing my arm. 

"And you." I turn to Eugene. "You're a lying piece of crap. You gave us all hope and you lied about the cure! That's not something you just up and come up with!" I yell.

"I was trying to -."

"You can save it." I tell him angrily, "I'm allergic to bullshit." I tell him.

"Andie, calm down." Daryl orders. I shake Sophia off of me and shake my head. 

"I'm so sick of people lying. Now we go this kid." I motion to Noah, "And I trust him more than I trust either of these two bastards! If anyone else has any more lies they would like to share with the group, I'm all freaking ears."

No one says anything. 

"I'm going to help Noah get home. If anyone wants to come, you're fucking welcome to hop on the bus...oh wait..." I pause, "This liar blew the damn thing up!" I hear a walker outside. "Great." I mutter, grabbing onto my knife. I push past everyone, namely Noah and Maggie, and walk outside.

I stab the walker through the head and watch it fall to the ground. I pull my knife through it's stomach and down to its abdomen, stabbing it over and over again.

"What're you doing?" Daryl asks from behind me, almost sounding winded.

"Making sure we don't get a damn horde on our hands. Or maybe I'm lying about that. Maybe I want a horde to come, so I'm gonna yell at the time of my lungs for the goddamn geeks to come and tear down our church." 

Daryl just stares at me a moment. He'd never seen me angry before. He'd never seen me yell at anyone, except once, but even then, I was only mildly pissed. I was crying at this point. 

"Why...why do people have to lie?" I ask him, through tears, on my knees, over the walker.

He doesn't have an answer. He just stands there, listening to me cry. I hear Rick inside, chewing Gabriel or Eugene or someone out. I hear the door open, hear Daryl mutter something, and someone walk over to me.

"You scared a lot of people in there." I hear Sophia.

"They needed to be scared." I claim, looking at the walker.

She bends down next to me, "I think I know why you trust kids so much."

"Why's that?" I ask, rubbing my cheek.

"Kids don't lie. At least when there's no reason to." She claims. I look over at her, and then to her ear, or lack of. "I love you, Andie." She wraps me up in a hug and I smile, hugging back.

"I love you too, my little chipmunk."