Thirty-Two: Terminus

#Throwback Above

They told me to wait with the bag of guns outside Terminus. Me and Carl, while Michonne and Daryl and Rick went to see if the place was really legit. It was all my idea to stay out here, because Carl didn't need to see that bullshit if it wasn't what we thought it was, and we needed someone to guard the bag.

I'm beginning to regret that, realizing that if this place really wasn't like we thought, that our people were stuck in there with no way of telling us otherwise. They said an hour. Two at tops. They didn't give us a way to stop them if they were dangerous.

I managed to sit down against a tree, the one right next to the guns. I hiss as my leg turns the wrong way a moment, but I fix it. Carl is pacing back and forth in front of me. It's been at least an hour, and we've just sat here in silence.

Then we hear someone moving. Carl, thinking it's a walker, pulls his knife and says, "I got it."

"No." I order, "That's not a walker." The walking pattern was distinct, not like a walker's. It was a human.

I manage to stand back up, and Carl and I approach whoever it is, weapons drawn. Maybe it was someone from Terminus and we could exchange them for everyone. I signal for Carl to go around e front as we find a figure who appears to be rubbing dirt on their face. I hold my knife ready and Carl nods, heading to his spot. I limp out of the brush as silently as I can and put my knife to the throat of whoever it was.

"Who are you?" I ask the figure.

"Andie?" She asks. "Andie, it's me."

Carl steps out of the tree line. "Andie, it's Carol." I pull the knife from her neck and she turns around to hug me properly.

"I know about the prison." She whispers.

_|_|_|_|_|

We blew the goddamn place up. Literally, we shot their fuel tankards, and they blew up. Carol went in, trying to find whatever she could, as in things and people that belong to us. I stayed behind with Carl, with our bag.

"It's been too long." I tell him, watching the explosions. "Where the hell are they?"

"They'll be back." He says. "They will."

"I know. But they need to hurry up." I muttered anxiously.

Carol was the first on back. She held a watch and Daryl's crossbow and a few other little trinkets. But the one that terrified me was my sketchbook.

"Where the hell did you find this?" I ask, flipping through the pages, my eyes wide.

"I found it in there." She says, hoisting the crossbow up her shoulder, "I knew it was yours." There was a picture of just about everyone I cared about in there, including Sophia and Carol.

"Oh God..." I mutter. "This was inside the prison when it happened, Carol. This was in my cell..."

Then everyone else makes it back. Daryl, Sasha, Bob, Glenn, Rick, Maggie, Michonne, and a few others I didn't recognize, all except one. The girl from Philip's group, the one with the ponytails. I was about to say something, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Carl hugged Rick and Daryl hugged Carol. The four new people stood away a bit, obviously feeling a bit out of place.

Kind of reminds me of me.

Glenn and Maggie smiled, his hand around her waist, and Carl was hugging Michonne and Rick. I scratch my arm and wait for the reunion to be over.

"Sophia." I suddenly say. "No one...no one saw Sophia?" I ask. No one answers me. Everyone stays silent. Tears well in my eyes. "Oh my God." I say. I run my hands through my hair, "Oh my fucking God."

I don't know what to think. Of course, I thought about her being dead while I was alone, but this is everyone we have, and no one saw her.

"She might've gotten out on the bus." Carl offers.

Glenn shakes his head, "We saw it. There was nothing left."

"Oh my God." I repeat. I need to scream...or hit something. I was breaking down, everything was falling...falling apart.

"Andie-." Maggie says.

"She was the only person I had left!" I snapped at her. A tear falls down my cheek and I realize what I said, but that doesn't stop the anger. "Fucking hell." I say. "Fucking hell!"

"You wanna be quiet, lady?" The redhead asks.

"Shut the fuck up, Abraham." The girl with the pigtails and shorts says.

I'm about to pull my knife and go look for a walker, just because I'm pissed at this bullshit world, but I feel someone grab hold of me. Just wraps their arms around me and holds me in place. I can hear someone else crying, but I just ignore everything. I just stand there, letting them hold me, and crying.

When we hear the moans of walkers, though, we know it's time to go. Daryl let's go of me.

Carol was the other crying.

"I know a place." She says. "Come on."