❀ Part 7

|Ellie's POV|

It's been days since the last time I visited the tower and here I am, helping my father to sort out some files and documents that were needed related to his business and our estate. When the shimmering stars covered the dark skies while the townspeople including my father and grandma went to their slumber, I sneaked out of the house to see him again for the last time. Of course, I brought a kerosene lamp with me and walked past the tranquil soulless town square. I braved enough to enter the dark woods and it was chilly midwinter night as the thick heavy snow met my leather boots. When I finally reached the tower, there the boy wearing a ring whom I kept seeing; standing still beside the hanging bench.

"Jungkook?" His head turned to me when I called his name.

"Why are you here outside? And how long have you been here waiting for me?" He didn't respond for a moment and instead gave me a soft smile.

"Since morning, I knew you would come here again." He replied.

I shook my head in disbelief and walked towards near him, hands on my back. "You're unbelievable."

"But you still came and does your father know you are here?"

I smiled sheepishly and said, "They're asleep, I just sneaked out."

"Then you're the unbelievable one." Jungkook remarked. I scowled at first but laughed in the end.

"Alright fine I'm such a troublemaker." I placed the kerosene lamp on the hanging bench. We stood in silence as the snow started to fall again landing to our feet and shoulders.

"Do you really have to go? When will I see you again?" He asked looking droopy.

I gave him a nod and felt a little melancholic. "If I have the choice to stay I would but my father is kind of strict. Maybe someday I will see you again so don't you ever forget me." I beamed a smile at him.

He chuckled, lifting the gloomy aura surrounding us. "Since this will be our last meeting, I will make this memorable for us."

"Huh, what?" Baffled to his motive, he then took a step forward and snapped his fingers.

What happened next is that, these tiny falling snows magically glowed so bright lighting up the whole area. My eyes widen in fascination and gaped at the flickering snowflakes; landing on my opened palm. Without knowing, something cold pressed on my neck and I promptly touched it; finding out it's a pendant of transparent crystallized snowflake adorned with azure stones in each corner. Jungkook was behind me tightening the necklace around my throat and lifted my hair out of the way. He went to my side shortly while I was left speechless and enthralled at the perfectly fitted necklace on my neck.

"It's the only gift I can give you for your birthday so—" I suddenly interrupted him with a delight on my face.

"You don't have to do this but I love it!" I exclaimed happily. When my eyes turned to his direction, I froze as his face went closer to me. My instincts told me to close my eyes anticipating he would kiss me.

"You have a snowflake on your cheek." He brushed off my cheek with his thumb. I opened my eyes and stupefied at his recent action with my cheeks burning from embarrassment.  Fool, what am I thinking? I mentally slapped myself hard to regain my senses back.

"T-thanks!" I awkwardly said yet, he smiled in response which made my heart stammer again so hard. 

"Ellie?" Jungkook called my attention; shattering my preoccupied mind.

"Y-yes what?"

"There's something I want to show you." Surprised, he grabbed my hand and let him take me inside the woods. Thanks to the glowing snowflakes, we can see through our way and also just in time, the skies parted away as the moon illuminated elegantly to the entire woods. I glanced to our hands intertwined perfectly like it's meant for each other. Still in daze, I didn't notice we halted in front of a frozen wide pond. He tried to pull me with him but I stayed still. causing his head to turn around and looked at me confused to my defiant action.

I shook my head in disapproval and said, "No, I don't know how to skate."

"You shouldn't be afraid, I'm right here to guide you." He snickered.

This is something new to me though I guess it won't hurt if I try at least once in a lifetime. Pale smoke escaped to my lips as I nodded to lead me the way. Gently, he pulled my hand and there was a spark on my boots; forming icy blades underneath of it. I suddenly wobbled on my feet when we stepped in on the frozen pond but good thing, Jungkook helped me regain my balance. He firmly gripped my left arm around me while I leaned on his chest as we glided onto the middle. After that, we faced each other not releasing my hand clutching to his arm; afraid I might outbalance myself again. When I looked up to him, he was smirking at me with a devious intent on his eyes.

I didn't get the time to comprehend when the guy whom I depended were a few distance away from me, leaving me stunned in my position. My feet wobbled again but somehow, I managed to steady my body and then I dared to skate slowly on the frozen slippery pond. I couldn't help to giggle and when I saw him with his arms crossed observing me, I gave him a glare for leaving me like that without warning. Jungkook chuckled at my angry expression then skated away from his position.

"That idiot." I thought and rolled my eyes at the same time. I enjoyed gliding and twirling as long as I want without minding him. Moreover, I happen to see Jungkook ceased in skating with a pensive look like something is bothering him.

I skated forward to him and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Something's not right. I feel someone's aura besides us," He looked at me filled with concern. "It's getting late and it would be dangerous if you stay here for too long. I think you should go home now." He's right and I might be in trouble if my father or maybe my grandma found out that I sneaked out. I gave him a nod and swiftly dashed out of the frozen pond as the icy blades were magically disappeared in my boots.

On my way back to the tower to get the kerosene lamp, I looked back to see him for the last time as his figure shrinking little by little. He smiled at me, assuring he would be fine so I smiled back too as my good bye for him. When I got the lamp and raised it to the level of my head, tiny white balls fell again from the skies and released a cold icy wind.

As I got further in the forest, I stopped in my tracks when I saw the glass-winged butterfly again settling on a trunk of a tree. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion for this strange yet unexpected encounter. I was about to move towards the butterfly but it flew away and was gone out of my sight. Thinking it was just a coincidence, I continued my way out of the forest heading to my grandma's house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: 

Will this be their last meeting? Look forward for the next chapter >.< 

Gladly accept any critic comments and votes.