❀ Part 3

|Ellie's POV|

"Now that was close!" I plopped to my bed and stared at the ceiling for a long time. Good thing my grandma or my father didn't notice my absence in my room thinking I was still asleep. Frankly, I climbed a tree near the window to my room and easily sneaked in without making any noise.

I reminisced the memories of my encounter to the mysterious boy although, something's wrong about him. My mind circulated whether he is really a witch or not. He didn't bewitched nor harmed me but just giving a cold shoulder to me. In contrast to that he did, I guess, a magic when the time I can't open the door.

"Who are you really, Jungkook?" I thought and made a deep sigh. My curiosity grew so I thought maybe I should visit the tower often. My thoughts were interrupted when someone knocked on the door.

"Ellie are you awake now?" My grandma asked coming from the outside of my room.

"Yes grandma. I will be out in a minute!" I answered back and heard her footsteps getting fainter. I went to the hairdresser and brushed my hazel hair then my mind went back again to him. Hence, I grinned at the thought of giving a go to the tower again.

The next day, it was already autumnal in the afternoon and we're in the dining room. When we finished eating, I asked permission to my father for a stroll to the town square again. Though of course, my true intention is to visit the tower again. Thankfully, my father believed my feign excuse. I happily went out with my beige colored dress and watched the cascade of redden leaves falling down to my surroundings.

The town square is busy as always and I decided to buy some apples first before I sneak in to the forest. After buying, I rushed to the edge of the town and finally entered without making any suspicion. The lushes of the forest have started to diminish, leaving them in color red and yellow and showing bits of its branches. I took a bite to my apple and saw the tower again. As I reach for the door, my ears perked at a soothing voice coming from the deep forest and listened attentively to the lovely song.

"Take my hand, let's see where we wake up tomorrow
Best laid plans sometimes are just a one night stand
I'll be damned, Cupid's demanding back his arrow
So let's get drunk on our tears." 

I followed the voice through the forest and found myself in a wonderful field of colorful flowers and flying butterflies everywhere. I saw the boy from the tower, sitting in the middle of the field with his back facing me.

"And God, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young
It's hunting season and the lambs are on the run
Searching for meaning
But are we all lost stars, trying to light up the dark?"

I couldn't help but admire his beautiful voice and just watched and listened afar from him. Suddenly, he stopped singing and whipped his head to me.

"You again?" He said nonchalantly.

"Sorry, I just couldn't resist to your voice and followed through here." I said as I neared and sat beside him.

"Why are you here anyway? Shouldn't you be scared for who I'm and what I did?" He queried, a bit of wary to my presence.

"I don't know I just feel that you won't hurt me or anything. Also if you don't mind, I would like to borrow some of your books. Don't worry I will return them." I plead as I clapped my hands together and thinned my lips. He turned his eyes away from me for a moment then back at me giving me a nod for approval. I grinned and offered the apple to him.

"Want some apples?" I asked but he shook his head in denial.

"I don't eat."

"Why not? How could you survive if you don't?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"I don't ever feel hunger since I was young." I was lost for a minute with my mouth hanging open and utterly speechless. After a few seconds, I managed to regain my senses back.

"So does that mean you're a witch?"

"Not really," He stood up and walked back to the tower's direction. I stood up too and trailed behind him. When we reached the tower, he opened the door and entered inside. He halted at the middle and faced me with his usual blank expression.

"I'm a half-witch." 

"Half-witch?" I repeated, raising an eyebrow. 

Jungkook nodded and said, "I can do basic spells and magic but I'm not powerful enough to curse or bewitch someone. This means I'm a pretty harmless witch."

"What about that ring on your finger?" I pointed out. He raised the back of his hand and showed it to me.

"This one ring keeps me survive by not getting hungry and protect me from the outsiders especially humans." He explained.

"That's ridiculous! If you don't ever eat then you won't know or enjoy the delicious taste and if you are really a harmless witch then, nothing will go wrong when you at least try to talk to people. Don't you feel lonely at all?" I know if people find out the existence of witches they won't hesitate to execute them in death that's why they hide themselves from them. Yet, being trapped in this tower for years and never made contact to the outside world is really crazy. Since he said he's harmless and added that a half one, maybe he should at least go to the town for a while.

"I did ate before but I forgot how the food taste like because that was many years ago. I just...can't" He frowned and lowered his gaze down to the floor.

"Why not? Let me take that ring off!" I didn't hesitate to advance forward and took his right hand as I attempted to pull the ring off on his finger. However, I can't remove the ring like it's glued so I gave up and sighed.

"You can't take it off because it's bounded to me."

"Okay but who did this to you?" I pried more.

"My brothers did. They said I should wear this the entire time and avoid humans as possible until I reach the right age to become a full-fledged witch."

"Why do you want to be a witch? You're insane!" Much to my chagrin, he took a step forward and slowly drew closer to me, in contrast to that, I took a step backward in fear. A cold wall met my back and subsequently trapped me with his rested hand beside my head. My heart raced quickly when I felt his hot breath next to my ear and whispered in a low voice.

"Being a witch is an honor to our family and it's in our blood to become one. So don't belittle us or else you know the consequences, right? If I was a witch right now I would bewitch you and be my," I could see the smirk plastered on his face from the corner of my eye, causing me to flush tremendously. "Personal horse." Feeling humiliated, my mood was shattered and turned into anger instead. He took a step back giving me a sly grin.

"What?! Jungkook how dare you!" I was about to charge in fury at him when he suddenly disappeared in a blink; ditching me like that easily. If not only his attractive and handsome face I would gladly punch him. I stomped to the spiraled staircase. still fuming in rage and went to the library to get the books I wanted. When I got there, I calmed myself and tried to focus on searching for certain books but my brain won't stop thinking about him.

After I got the books, I made my way out of the tower; not needing to remind him because he already permitted me. Apparently, I felt a pair of eyes staring at me so I decided to look back at the tower but found nothing. I shrugged it off and thought it was just my imagination so I resumed my way back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

If you're wondering the song lyric I used is called Lost Stars by Adam Levine and also covered by Jungkook ^_^

Gladly accept any critic comments and votes.