❀ Part 2

I heard the birds chirping outside of my window as I opened my eyes and seeing it was still dim inside the room. The sun has just started to rise and wondered, why the birds are chirping so early in the morning. It was weird but I shrugged it off and was about to go back to sleep when something caught my attention. A butterfly with glass wings perching steadily beside my window. I attempted to touch it but it flew off away from me. I promptly stood up in agitation and ran outside the house to follow it without thinking the consequence I will have. No time to worry about my clothes and messy hair so I quicken my speed until I found myself in the middle of town square.

I lost my sight to the unique butterfly so I stopped and shivered at the chilly morning. My eyes darted around and luckily, only few people particularly merchants opening their business are only present here. I looked for the glass winged butterfly again and for a few seconds, I saw it again flying towards the forest. My feet carried me to follow it, not caring what lies ahead deep in the forest.

As soon I entered the forest and getting deeper, the sun finally peaked at the lushes green leaves from the trees. With the help of thin sunlight passing through the forest, I was astounded by its beauty of the different kinds of flowers to the insects and some animals that I spotted.

"Enough with the sight-seeing Ellie!" I thought and scolded myself while I stayed my eyes to the butterfly; graciously flying further away.

Little by little, I can almost see a building as I wandered through the thick forest. When I reached the end, a light blinded me for a while and subsequently my eyes adjusted to my surroundings. What fascinated me is the tall tower before my eyes located in a clearing in the middle of the forest. It may look creepy for others but for me, it's incredible and never seen one in real life before. I searched for the butterfly again but then, I saw it entering to a window on top of the tower.

I sauntered to the wooden door of the tower, pondering whether to look for the butterfly and investigate this tower at the same time or just give it up and heed their warning. Hell, I don't ever drop something mystery in front of me and you may call me stubborn, but I was born skeptical plus a little bit of adventurous. I knocked on the door twice yet no one answered. I tried to push the door finding out it was open all along. Thus, a sigh escaped to my lips.

I bravely entered the tower and inside was actually spacious compared to the outer look of the tower that seems look small. There's a wooden table on the left with some arranged thick books placed on top and also few strange potion glasses. On my right, there's a neat red couch and beside it, the spiraled staircase through the top of the tower. It was quiet inside and only the sound of nature can be heard. I tiptoed to the table, not wanting to make any noise in case the witch if there is might catch me. Although, no one's here so I presumed that the witch doesn't exist and grandma is right, it's just a rumor.

I noticed an hourglass on the table and turned it around to see the sand falling pieces by pieces which made me giggle. I grabbed the thick book and curiously peeked inside. Odd, the first thing went to my mind for all I see were mystical stuffs like drawn circles and stars. My eyebrows furrowed at the manuscript with foreign words in a cursive form that I can't comprehend. I skimmed further until a male's voice bellowed breaking the silence.

"Who's there?" I startled as the book fell from my hands. I turned around frantically finding no one but myself.

"Damm it's the witch!" I cursed mentally and take back what I said earlier. I anxiously stepped forward near the red couch when I felt a presence behind me. Slowly, I turned around and got spooked at the tall boy around my age. I squeaked and slumped hardly on the couch. My heart raced quickly as I raised my head and stunned at his attractive features from his intoxicating eyes to his luscious lips. For me, I think he's one of the rarest handsome guys I have ever met. However, something caught my eyes; he wore a silver ring on the index finger of his right hand.

"Who're you and what are you doing here?" I dazed unconsciously to his ring, earning a cold glare from him.

"Don't be rude when I'm asking you." His aloof personality snapped me back and realized he's sometone not to mess with so I looked directly at him.

"S-sorry I got lost."

"You're lying." He glowered at me suspiciously.

"Look I'm sorry but I need to go!" I was about to go and open the door when I heard a snap of fingers. I forcefully pulled the door but to no avail, it won't budge.

"Not so fast!" He said sternly and turned his head to me with weary eyes; expecting an answer. It was his intimidating demeanor that got me nervous and forcefully faced him.

"Okay my name's Ellie and I'm searching for the butterfly that went here inside this tower." I answered rapidly.

"You trespassed just for a butterfly?" He scoffed.

"How did you get in?" The boy added with knitted eyebrows.

"The door is open." I said coolly.

"You disturbed my sleep." Now he's the rude one. I didn't know he's residing this tower and doesn't he have any idea that he's being rumored by the townspeople. This witch or whoever he is was getting on my nerves.

"Excuse me, if that's the case then you should lock the door in the first place so that no one will bother you for god's sake!" I scolded yet he returned a scowl at me. I flinched and regretted what I said. I was anticipating something bad will happen but he went upstairs in a snobbish manner.

"Hey wait I'm not done here!" I jogged to catch up with him but he kept ignoring my calls. An idea then clicked to my mind.

"Are you really a witch?" Bingo! I thought questioning him this significant matter will make him halt. He did stop in his tracks however, he resumed his walk in upstairs leaving me alone.

I shook my head at his distant behavior but I shrugged it off. I found myself in the second floor of the tower and beside me, a room with the door widely open.

"Woah." I gasped the moment I entered the library full of wondrous books. The lingering musty old smell making me so hype to read. We had a library before but it was burned by the great fire happened to our estate many years ago so I miss reading books quite a lot.

I grabbed the nearest book beside me and started to read. Several minutes have passed, I was too focused to the book I'm reading when someone spoke behind me. I twirled around seeing the mysterious boy again with a dull expression.

"Why are you still here?" His arms crossed with his body leaning against the door frame.

"I just...want to...read some books you have. This library looks amazing." I grinned looking like an idiot. All of the sudden, my eyes widen realizing the horror if my father figured out that I was gone for too long.

"Wait, I really need to go!" I hurriedly went out yet, I stopped halfway down the stairs as I turn around to face him.

"By the way, may I know your name please?" His face is blank and I can't decipher whether he will answer or not.

"Jungkook." He said blandly. I nodded thankfully with a soft smile at his response then rushed my way out of the tower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gladly accept any critic comments and votes.