❀ Part 4

|Jungkook's POV|

The moment I returned to my room, I flumped my body down to my bed and promptly rested my right arm over my eyes. I suddenly recalled the sweet scent of her hazel hair and the rosy glow on her face in embarrassment. A smile crept to my face and thought humans weren't that bad. Rising up again, I peered through the curtains of the window.

I watched the strange yet amusing girl with the books on her hands; going back to the forest. When she was about to turn her head around, I quickly hid behind the curtains; not wanting to spot me. I peered again and she's already gone back to the forest. I took a seat to my bed then I thought for the first in my life, I felt loneliness. Since this Ellie girl will come again for books, I guess I could keep myself entertain and learn more about humans.

|Ellie's POV|

"Grandma, please do tell father I will be out for a while." I informed, looking back halfway out of the door of her house.

"Where are you going dear?" She asked while sewing the fabric of a cloth.

"Just taking a walk outside." I lied and thinned my lips hoping to believe me, but thankfully, she nodded in the end. For another time, I happily went to the forest with the few books cradled in my arms. Another week has passed and still the leaves of the forest are colored red and yellow, following the breeze of the wind.

When I made it to the tower, I gently opened the door with a creaked sound and bobbed my head. It's still the same inside with the serene atmosphere and left untouched objects. I went upstairs to the library and then I saw Jungkook, sitting and dozing peacefully beside a window with his arms crossed. He looks angelic with his eyes closed as the wind gently brushes off his dark hair. I tiptoed in entering the library and quietly returned the books in its respective bookshelf one by one. I moved to the next bookshelf and grabbed another books to read again. After getting the books, I turned around and slightly jumped; seeing he's already awake without giving me a notice. I put my hand to my chest and breathe deeply to calm myself.

"You gave me a little heart attack there," I neared towards the table and gestured at the chair for permission to sit across him.

"Do you mind?" He shook his head. I sat at the chair and opened the book to start reading. When I glanced at him, I suddenly felt awkward because he was directly staring at me so I closed the book and looked at him.

"Okay, is there something on my face?" I asked with my furrowed eyebrows.

Jungkook shook his head and said, "Nothing."

"Then why are you staring at me?"

"I'm just observing you." He said in a monotonous tone.

"Why would you do that?" I tilted my head, intrigued.

"I'm just curious how humans behave." Okay that's kinda creepy but I can't blame him for being trapped in this tower for so long and had no human contact ever.

"If you really want to know more about us why don't you go outside?" I suggested but he frowned and avoided my gaze.

"No I can't." He asserted, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Come on I'll accompany you." 

"I said no!" I shuddered in fright when he raised his voice and snapped his head at me, but then, his face softens afterwards and realized what he did.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to shout at you." Jungkook apologized in shame.

"I-It's alright I understand now." There was a long awkward silence afterwards as I keep my eyes linger to the table and didn't have the guts to take a glance at him feeling, ashamed for provoking him.

After a while, I suddenly heard a rustling leaves nearby. I raised my head and my eyes widen in awe seeing the small plant in a pot under the window sprouting multiple lovely flowers. Jungkook waved his hand as the plant floated in the air and slowly entangling and looping itself into a flower crown. He motioned his hand to place it placidly onto the table in front of me. I agape and still processing my mind to something bizarre yet amazing magical scene happened.

"It's my token of apology so please accept it." He said with a tint of red on his cheeks. I gently took the flower crown and wore it in my head which it fitted perfectly.

"Wow, this is beautiful Jungkook. I love it." I praised in glee as I tenderly touched the flowers. Thanks to him the tension broke and lightens the mood between us. 

"Since I can't go out the tower would you please tell me about humans and the outside world?" The innocent half-witch pleaded as he crossed his arms on the table and rested his chin on them.

"Fine but in return you must tell me about the witches too." He nodded in agreement and softly smiled at me. For the first time, I saw his genuine smile and felt a flutter in my heart yet I ignored it by clearing my throat and started the discussion.

Our conversation lasted for an hour talking about from the simple lives and statuses we have without using magic or whatsoever unusual to how we are ruled by the kings and queens. We also discussed the exquisite taste of different kinds of food and taking a trip to different places is a fun experience.

"Now it's your turn." I reminded. He sat up straight and started to explain.

"Witches are divided into plenty of powerful families and I'm one of those with my six brothers and we have a tradition where you could only become a true witch when you reach the adolescence age which is 18 for us. Actually, I should be a full witch now but my brothers or even my mother are not here yet to perform the ritual so I have to keep waiting."

I grasped mentally what he said with my fist under my chin. "So in becoming that you should be trapped in this tower and wait for so long?"

"We had a crisis happened before so my brothers decided to leave me here for my safety while they deal with it and wait my time to be a full-fledged witch. That's why they gave me this ring so that I don't have anything to worry about like getting hungry and ward off the humans by not finding this tower easily." He answered.

"Then how I got here easily if that's the case?" He folded his hand under his chin.

"The moment you entered this tower I had the suspicion that someone a powerful witch reversed or broke the spell and lead you here but I can't detect who so I'll let my brothers handle this case someday." I nodded in response.

"About the crisis, did that happened 5 years ago in this tower?" I don't know but I feel like there is a connection between them and speculated this mysterious crisis.

"How did you know?" His eyes suddenly widen.

"Grandma said some knights and bishops already went in here and found nothing but to find the rumor a hoax although how come they found nothing when you're actually here?" I inquired. Jungkook then gave me a grin and crossed his arms.

"It's true they did but you humans missed something and no one knows the real story behind it." He asserted with a smug smile on his face.

"What then?" I looked closely at him anticipating this biggest mystery to be foretold.

"It all started when me and my two older brothers named Jimin and Taehyung..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gladly accept any critic comments and votes.