Good Enough

~Raph's PoV~

I gave you all of me, but it still ain't enough to make you happy

I felt like I was the punching bag upon which I spent a countless amount of time punching daily. My heart felt heavy as I attempted to dry up my tears. I felt y/n and Leo embrace my weeping figure. Why do they even care so much about me? All I did was give them both a hard time, yet in the moment, none of that seems to matter to them.

I gave you everything, it still don't measure up

"I'm sorry," I whisper just loud enough for both of them to hear. I stand up and wipe away the remaining tears.

"Raph it's not your fault they didn't make it in time," Y/N responds in a comforting tone.

"No, that's not what I'm apologizing for, even though I am sorry about that. I meant I'm sorry for giving you both a hard time. I've done nothing but argue and act as if I hated Leo, and much is the same for you Y/N. I don't know how to accept change, nor do I know how to accept defeat..."

Leo places a hand on my shoulder, a soft smile evident on his face,"Hey, it's alright Raphael, I'm sorry for all the arguments too, but right now let's focus on getting out of here."

~Y/N's PoV~

Feels like I've walked 5 thousand miles and didn't even come close

You all continued walking with you being ahead of the small group due to the advantage the crystal gave you. As you continued on, the aura around the small crystal increased in its brightness. Raph calmed down after a few minutes of silence, even though it was obvious he was still bothered by the situation at hand and the fact that he, Mr. Tough Guy, broke down in front of you -and even worse, Leo- exposing his soft side. However, he continued on as if he did not cry in the first place. The walk seemed to take hours, even though according to Leo, it had only been about twenty minutes.

I'll never be big enough to pay your dues

"Do you hear that? It sounds like water." Raph broke the lingering silence.

"Well, I would expect that considering we are in a sewer," Leo said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"No, I mean it sounds like rushing water, plus I don't think we are in the sewers anymore, I'm not Donnie, but I feel like this is an underground passage or something."

The sound of water bounced off of the wall, making its presence known. However, you could hear more than just water, it sounded like footsteps. You turned down a corner. At that same time, you ran into a wide eyed Mikey.

But I keep trying

~Mikey's PoV~

"Donnie, move your shell!" I yelled as the Shredder advanced. Donnie was too busy trying to play hero with Casey. Once again they were trying to impress April, but this was not the best time. Bebop and Rocksteady appeared from behind another passageway, both smiling as if they have achieved something.

And you just keep making me jump through hoops

"Master Shredder, we did as you asked and blew up the entrance." Rocksteady said.

"You idiots! I told you to wait until I was on the run with the girl!" Shredder yelled. "I don't know if you have noticed, but she's gone and it's your fault."

What do I gotta do

As they continued to argue and exchange insulting names with each other, I managed to pull the Casey, Donnie, and April into another corridor just as the passage Y/N, Leo, and Raph ran down was completely closed off. After running for around five minutes, the Shredder's voice echoed down the walls. We ran for who knows how much longer until we finally found Leo, Y/N, and Raph. I helped Y/N up and attempted to run the way they just came.

"Mikey what are you doing? We have to go that way." Raph pointed.

"The Shredder is that way, dude."Casey said."Isn't there another way?"

"Not that I know of. Plus, according to the crystal, we have to go that way." Y/N ran off with everyone trailing behind her.