Turning Tables

~Leo's PoV~

Close enough to start a war

I struggled against the grasp of my kidnapper. Whoever it was, they smelled of leather and sweat. Their other hand was around my eyes as they lightly drug me away. A small fit of laughter erupted from the the person, and soon two more laughs joined in. My kidnapper threw me to the ground, my face hitting the rooftop. I slowly rolled over, one hand on one of my katanas. I look up to see none other than-

"Raphael?" I glare at him.

"How'd ya guess?" He laughed some more.

"Dude you should've seen your face..." Mikey talked, but my thoughts interrupted his words.

All that I have is on the floor

I glanced over at the hospital. I have to be there for her. She needs me, but how could I possibly go in there and comfort her without the entire hospital seeing that I'm a mutant. Also, and more importantly, I wouldn't want to meet Y/N's mom/dad and scare them into a coma. So instead, I pull out my T-Phone and text her.

"Hey, lover boy, I know you're worried, but it's time to patrol. She'll be fine," Raph crossed his arms, but his eyes showed that he was actually worried about Y/N and her parent(s).

Before I could respond, Y/N landed next to me on the roof. She frowned slightly and turned to me.

"My mom/dad has to have surgery, nothing major is damaged or injured, but they still have to remove a bullet from her/his lower leg. S/he'll be in a cast for a month or two, but the doctor said it should be a swift recovery."

God only knows what we're fighting for

"A gun shot? Since when does Shredder shoot people? Were there any other injuries? Like deep cuts or heavy bruises?" Donnie inquired.

She shrugged," The doctor said he would get back with me after the surgery about any other major marks or bruising."

All that I say, you always say more

I put an arm around her shoulder and side hugged her, receiving a small smile in the process. She turned to me and hugged me, her arms around my neck. I froze and she placed a kiss on my cheek. I could hear the laughs and giggles of my brothers, but I don't care. I touch my cheek, the place where her lips had just been.

"Thanks Leonardo, for you know, catching me when I almost died."

"Yeah yeah, you two can kiss later. Can we go beat some Purple Dragon shell now?" Raph said impatiently.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

After we finished Raphael's request, the Foot came. About twenty Footbots surrounded us. Raph, being the cocky hot head he is, smirked and charged into battle. Assuming that this would be as easy as it usually was, we all started to fight the robots.

I can't keep up with your turning tables

I cut off the head of one of the bots and it started ticking. My brothers and Y/N, following suit, too knocked off or cut one of the robots heads, the ticking sound increasing. Eventually, the Footbots that were untouched began to tick like a timer, too. However, none attacked.

"What the shell? You hear that too right?" Mikey asked.

Under your thumb I can't breathe

"Guys, I'm pretty sure these are bombs. We need to get out of here!" Donnie exclaimed.  The amount of bots increased and began to encircle us. Y/N grabbed my hand and guided everyone towards the section with the least Footbots. Surprisingly, most let us run right past. A select few reached to grab us.

So I won't let you close enough to hurt me

The ticking increased, signaling the last few seconds. We all jumped for it, the robots exploding the moment our feet jumped off the platform. One by one, each of us landed in the dumpster.
"Ohh pizza," Mikey pulled out a moldy slice of pepperoni.

"You better not eat that Shell-for-Brains," Raph slapped him, causing Mikey to drop the pizza.
I climbed out of the trashcan and scanned the city. Y/N walked up next to me as my brothers continued to argue. I picked up on something close, but I could only faintly hear it.

No, I won't rescue you to just desert me

"Guys we have to be-"
Mikey cut me off. "We have to be quiet because ninjas are silent blah blah blah. Dude, we already know that."

"Well if you know it, why don't you apply it Mikey?" Donnie replied.

Once again, they broke into an argument. I simply shook my head and attempted to listen. Silently, footsteps approached us from above; another set came from the opposite direction. I unsheathed my katana just as two of the Foots' most important members landed in front of us. Karai and Tiger Claw.

Y/N took out her (w/n), clear confusion settled onto her face,"I thought you said she was a good guy."

"S-she is. Or at least was..."

I can't give you the heart you think you gave me

"Hello Leonardo. I would love to fight you right now, but I came for the girl," she motioned towards Y/N.

It's time to say goodbye to turning tables