Prologue

All rights reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission. Please do not participate in or encourage piracy of copyrighted materials in violation of the author's rights.

Please respect the author. Although it's freely posted in this site.

Edited

Prologue:

When I was five, my parents got involved in a plane crash. It was 4th of January, two days before my sixth birthday. I still clearly remembered that day - the last day I got a chance to talked and be with them.

Birmingham, England

"Momma, Daddy?" I called their attention while struggling in going down the stairs. I was in the middle part of the staircase when I was suddenly lifted up. I looked up to see my Daddy smiling on me.

"Hey there, baby. What is it?" My Daddy's face softens as he asked me. I saw my Mommy walking towards us. When she reached us, she kissed my right cheek.

"Can we phew-lay?" I asked while pouting my lips. I hope this time, they will agree. I missed them. They were always not around. My Momma caress my long dark brown curly hair which reaches down my hips.

"We would love to, but..." My Momma stopped for a second before continuing. "Your daddy and I are going somewhere far today." She murmurs.

"How faw-r?" I curiously asked. For a five years old me, the far that I only knew was my school. It was a twenty minutes drive going on there. That's too far enough, right? "Like my schoow-l?" They both giggled at what I said.

"You're so adorable, my Winter." My Momma said, pinching my both cheeks. I was named Winter because as my Momma said, my skin was so white when I was born. And it was also winter at that time. "No. It was not like your school." Oh. I guess it's super far? I wonder where it is. "It's too far and we need to ride on an airplane. You know what airplane is, right baby?" She touches my cheeks as I nod.

"But when aw-re you coming back?" I asked as I felt my eyes got teary.

"Oh no, don't be sad baby." My Daddy hugged me tightly and I did the same. "We are going back on your birthday."

"Reaw-lly?" My eyes widened. "I thought you didn't remembew-r my biw-rthday."

"Of course not!" My Momma xclaimed. "How can we forgot our baby's birthday?" She smiled brightly at me. My sadness was gone. I smiled back.

"What do you want us to give you, Winter?" My Daddy asked me. I suddenly think about it.

"Just go home on my biw-rthday." I could wish for it, right? I don't want any more toys. I have plenty on my room already. They both gave me a smile.

"We will be home before you knew it." My Daddy kissed my forehead. "Take care of yourself, Winter. Be a good girl while we're not around. Alright?

"Yes, Daddy." I whispered. Then, my Momma took me from Daddy and start giving me sweet kisses, as always. I laughed as she did that. That is my favorite part of the day.

"I love you, Winter." She said softly.

"I l-wove you too, Momma." I touched her right cheek with my small hand. Then, I glanced at my Daddy. "I l-wove you Daddy!" He grins.

"I love you too, my baby."

At the corner of my eyes, I saw my older sister. She is just standing and watching us. I wonder what she is thinking. "Momma, ate is here" I pointed my finger on Summer. Momma told me to use word, "ate" when calling Summer. She is my older sister by two years. Momma and Daddy just look at each other.